Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if this would be a good investment for me for the time being. I don't really want a cover (though, I've thought long and hard about the M-Edge covers), but want something to protect my Kindle DX until the hard crystal cases that I want to get, start coming out.

I like that it's splash proof, so in case something happens to spill on the KDX or anything, it'll be protected.

The OCTO cases come in both black and red, and I'm thinking about getting the red one because it's my favorite color, but then again, I don't want it to clash with everything I have - meaning the black will be better with matching.

I was also wondering if anyone has these perhaps for the K2? I really like them, but I'm having a hard time deciding what color and whatnot.

·
Super Moderator
67,555 Posts
I guess it depends on how you expect to use the DX. When I get mine, I'm figuring I'll use it uncovered, but I'd want something to put it in when I'm not actively using it to protect the screen -- it doesn't look like those really do that in terms of preventing things pushing into it.

Now, if I decide to use the recipes in the cookbook, while I'm cooking, then, yeah, I'm going to want it in some kind of see through cover.

Of course, when I actually get the thing. . .I may decide something completely different. :D

Here's a link, by the way:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
couldn't figure out the link but I clicked on the picture and it worked.

I just ordered one, I will give you guys an update but I like the concept especially with the DX weight.. this seems like a good idea

·
Registered
134 Posts
Annie............. thanks for your post....... had not seen the case before. I just ordered mine in black.

Thanks!!    Brian

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I ordered one too. I also ordered one for my K2. Sometimes. If I have to go to the playground with Sophie It will be good to use. I also like to have a case like this to cover the kindle when I go and get my hair cut.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I received mine. I put it on my dead DX and I like the way it fits. Once my replacement DX gets here, I will put it on that one and actually be able to see how it feels when using the Kindle. All in all, I think I will prefer an Oberon cover, but for outdoor activities, such as pool side reading, the OCTO case will be handy.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
WolfePrincess73 said:
I received mine. I put it on my dead DX and I like the way it fits. Once my replacement DX gets here, I will put it on that one and actually be able to see how it feels when using the Kindle. All in all, I think I will prefer an Oberon cover, but for outdoor activities, such as pool side reading, the OCTO case will be handy.
My came yesterday. I did not pick it up from the laundry mat next door till tonight. I was not sure at first if I like it. I like the way it fits. The only thing I cannot work the 5 way joy stick right with it on. The other buttons work good. I also got one for my K2. I got them for when I go and get my hair cut. I like have a case like this there when they are using hair spray etc. And when I am in the park in the summer water guns etc. I have decided to keep both cases.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got my red OCTO case and I really like it.  It fits the DX like a glove.  I also have ordered an Medge platform cover which should be arriving today.  I like the OCTO cover for reading outside by the pool and also for reading while eating.  If anything drops on it it just wipes off.  It wouldn't be bad as a permanent cover either, however it doesn't offer all that much protection.  I would stick it in my purse or tote bag and not worry about it too much.  Dropping it would definitely be a problem.  All in all, I am very happy with my cover.

Nancy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.