Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I am having some Kindle troubles, I hope someone could help me. Let me first say that I own a Kindle 3rd Gen 3G (not Special Offer). I've had it since Christmas 2010. I recently moved, so my Kindle was in storage for around a month or two. When I finally got my hands on it today, it was on critical battery, I figured it would be so I connected it with my AC adapter, and nothing happened on-screen, the orange charging indicator light turned on, that's all. I left it charging for about 30 minutes, by this time the green light had come on. I tried another outlet, but it still remained on the critical battery screen. I tried connecting to the computer, still nothing. Then, I tried a resetting the Kindle by holding the lock switch for 20 secs. It did begin to restart the Kindle, but at about 1/4 indicator bar full, it froze. I waited, and waiting, nothing. I tried a hard reset again, it reset, but stopped at the same place in the indicator bar! At this point, I've left it like this, waiting for anything to happen.
Please share what you think I should do! Thanks for reading!
-Irving

·
Registered
675 Posts
I would let it charge for a couple of hours.  My MIL left her K2 unplugged & unread for 2 months, took 3 hours of charging before I could get any response out of it.  But it has worked just fine since.  Good Luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Karen said:
I would let it charge for a couple of hours. My MIL left her K2 unplugged & unread for 2 months, took 3 hours of charging before I could get any response out of it. But it has worked just fine since. Good Luck.
Thanks! I'll try leaving it charging overnight.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
And if that doesn't work, call Amazon customer service.

They're really great about replacing any Kindles that are having problems...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay.
Update: My Kindle is currently connected, I guess it's charging. It's left on the restart screen, the bar is still not moving. 

·
Super Moderator
67,453 Posts
If the light is orange it's charging.  Give it several hours as suggested -- assuming you left it plugged in while you slept you should be good to go by now. ::)

DISCONNECT it from charging before doing a hard restart -- hold the switch 30 to 40 seconds.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I called Amazon Support. They couldn't fix the problem so my new Kindle will be here Wednesday! Thanks for everyone's help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts