Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, my Kindle just barely shipped yesterday and I have already purchased 7 books to read once my Kindle gets here.  Chances are, that number will probably go up in the next couple of days until my delivery date.  Has anyone else bought books before they received their Kindle and how many did you buy?  ;)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I mainly ordered free books from feedbooks. I ended up spending money on accessories when I was waiting for my kindle, but I only had to wait 5-7 days to receive mine. now I have over a hundred books and my friends' stories on my kindle

·
Registered
366 Posts
I got all of the free books listed on amazon this last week and about 3 or 4 others.  Plus I have downloaded a little over 1000 free books from other sources.  I should get mine in a couple of weeks.  It should arrive at my parents house tomorrow and then my parents will ship it over here to me.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've downloaded only 2 free books. I didn't want to get it and be overloaded with stuff. Besides I figured when I played with it I'd probably download a bunch more in just trying to figure out how it works.

I

·
0 Posts
The Bible
The Amazon Kindle FAQ by our own Lelsie
Lots of free books from manybooks and feedbooks
and a couple of books from a favorite author that I hadn't read at that time.

The free books that Amazon made available recently are pretty good. I got 6 of them.

At this time I have about 60 books on my Kindle. Most were freebies. I have read about 1/3 of them.

figuring out how to use your Kindle is not the problem, figuring out how to stop is. :)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I only purchased one book before my Kindle arrived... Leslies FAQ

I had about 10 samples that downloaded to my Kindle the day it arrived.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
figuring out how to use your Kindle is not the problem, figuring out how to stop is.
Hello, my name is....and I'm an obsessive Kindler.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I bought 3 book before my kindle arrived, but one book had 3 book in it. I also had a bunch of samples. 

·
Registered
261 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance, but can I actually order Kindle book editions from Amazon before I receive it?  I get the impression that when my Kindle does arrive the books will already be loaded.  Is that right?

Sorry if this is not the place to ask this....let me know if it isn't so I don't screw up the next time!

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Sherlock said:
Please excuse my ignorance, but can I actually order Kindle book editions from Amazon before I receive it? I get the impression that when my Kindle does arrive the books will already be loaded. Is that right?
Yes, as long as you have a Kindle registered to your account. You will know right away if you can buy them, because if there is no Kindle registered, Amazon will not allow you to purchase an e-book.

The books don't actually load onto the Kindle until the WhisperNet is turned on. As long as Whispernet is available where you are when you receive it, the books will download immediately (well, in a few minutes) when you turn it on.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Sherlock said:
Please excuse my ignorance, but can I actually order Kindle book editions from Amazon before I receive it? I get the impression that when my Kindle does arrive the books will already be loaded. Is that right?

Sorry if this is not the place to ask this....let me know if it isn't so I don't screw up the next time!
Sherlock if you have already ordered your Kindle you can order books. When you receive your Kindle turn on whisper net and wa-lah there your books are in a matter of seconds. You can start reading as you are charging it. We love to answer your questions here, I still ask questions. May I suggest that you read the Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting Board, lots of good Kindle info there. :)
P.S. There are no ignorant questions here!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts