Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!  :)

Is there any possible way to get rid of the banner ad showing the woman licking a frog? I'm sorry but I find it highly offensive. It's gross!
Thanks and have a great day!  ;D

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
<sigh> I just had to go look for it...

... and my six-year-old was looking over my shoulder when I found it and now thinks it's the best part of Kindleboards!

Can't please 'em all, I guess. :D

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I don't see it. I use Ad Block Plus - I wonder if that filters it out?

·
Super Moderator
67,246 Posts
AdBlock plus doesn't filter KB ads for me. .  .it's a rotating ad, not always the same thing.  In the upper right corner.

I didn't notice it until it was brought to my attention. .  I only noticed the large white letters.  I wouldn't lick a frog but, hey, I don't care if she does.  The image is no big deal, in my opinion.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I only noticed the large white letters also.  I'm usually just paying attention to what's been posted. 
deb

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I find it offensive and believe I had the right to say so. I was perfectly pleasant about it as well. :)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I noticed it and although I don't have any interest in licking a frog I truly don't find anything offensive about it.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
Hello! :)

Is there any possible way to get rid of the banner ad showing the woman licking a frog? I'm sorry but I find it highly offensive. It's gross!
Thanks and have a great day! ;D
If you have firefox with ad block plus you can just block it, that is what I did.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
I know that ad is a little 'edgy', and I appreciate your feedback on it. I judged it to be within bounds, but respect your viewpoint on it.

At this time I am inclined to let it be, although I have no problem with it being blocked by those who would prefer not to see it. Just not sure how that is easily done - I haven't played with the blocking tools mentioned above.   

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I found it gross (like eating cockroaches would be), but I wouldn't call if offensive. I ignore those things in this world that I find not to my liking. I don't have a problem with it otherwise. To each his own.

Sailor

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
right click the ad block plus icon, left click on select element to hide. Move your mouse up to the banner ad until the banner box where the ad is is surrounded by red and click. You do want to make sure the particular ad you want to block is the one showing when you do this. I checked my filters and the ad has already been blocked over 150 times.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Kathy said:
I didn't notice until I saw this. LOL What is the purpose of licking a frog? ???
I'm not sure if the add did this intentionally or accidental, but their is a frog that a person can get high on by licking, but it is also deadly. Ask me how I know?!!!!!........

Ok so I watch wayyy to much discovery channel!

Theresam

·
Registered
621 Posts
I am not offended by it because I think it is just plain silly! I looked at it this morning and wondered what was the point...

patrisha

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
While licking any kind of frog can't be good,
I dunno, I bought DD a chocolate frog for her birthday....

·
Registered
257 Posts
bkworm8it said:
I'm not sure if the add did this intentionally or accidental, but their is a frog that a person can get high on by licking, but it is also deadly. Ask me how I know?!!!!!........

Ok so I watch wayyy to much discovery channel!
That would be a psychoactive toad. There are a few different species. And it would be my guess that the ad is very intentional ;)

And dammit, I keep missing the ad. What?! An ad I actually *want* to look at?! I've become immune to web ads (and no, that's not a complaint, haha) :D

1 - 20 of 130 Posts