Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to offer my new novel free for a couple of weeks so readers can see if they like my writing style.  If they like the free one they might be encouraged to read some of my other books?

I don't see a place to do that so would I just put 0.00 in the price?

So do you know how it is done or if it is even allowed? Have you done this yourself?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I asked this a little bit ago and was told that we can't without gifting it to the winner.  In order to save money it was suggested I just email the winner a copy of my book from my original before putting it in html format.  Hope this helps!

Tela

·
Registered
368 Posts
I believe that is you list your book on Smashwords then you can list it for free.

If also listed on Amazon, then Amazon will price match to make the book free as well.

What I don't know is if Amazon ever put the price back up again if it is a temporary listing for free.

I think your best bet would be to list the book on smashwords for free and advertise that.

Mike

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for answering my question.

I think it might not be necessary anyway since my books are starting to sell now.

So I had better get my new novel proof read so I can put it on Amazon.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I listed my short story for free on Smashwords and once it was available free through B&N and ibooks, I clicked the "do you know of a lower price button on the Amazon product page."  After a few weeks, Amazon reduced it to free this weekend, and it's had over 950 downloads so far. I'm hoping it will steer readers toward my full-length books. 

1 - 5 of 5 Posts