Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's face it: B&N sales have been a bit on the slow side of late. So let's try and see if tons of those facebook "likes" will make any difference. I know that the other Amazon like thread kind of became an Amazon/B&N hybrid. But this thread is for B&N ebooks ONLY.

To start, please only list one work. I know many of you are prolific writers. But for the sake of the experiment, only list your worst selling (or one of your worst selling) B&N books. Not badly written, mind you. Just not selling over there for some reason type books. We're going to see it that like button does anything or is for aesthetic appeal only.

Post your B&N link and then go back and "like" other author's books. Start with the newest post and go back from there. I only ask that you go back and "like" two pages worth of links. But if you feel highly motivated and charitable, you're welcome to do more.

Here's mine:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Alain-Gomez/Alain-Gomez/e/2940011948435

Happy clicking! ;D

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well, I went to your link, and something occurred to me:  That other thread was a discussion about whether the orange like button was directly related to Facebook, or if it was solely for gathering data specifically for Amazon.

But this like button IS a Facebook button, no question, so I'm inclined to believe that its only purpose IS to interface with FB and not for BN to gather more data.  And if I'm right, then the only thing that will happen is that it will place "So-and-so liked a link" on the newsfeed with a link to the specific book.

But I'll wait until others weigh in and see.

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nicholasmcgirr said:
Well, I too clicked both "likes" for what's posted here. Ive noticed a huge drop in sales rankings these past few weeks as well. Maybe this'll help.

Nicholas.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Growing-Dim-Project/Nicholas-A-McGirr/e/9781617922893/?itm=1&USRI=growing+dim
I figure it couldn't hurt to try, you know? Since their search engine is questionable, maybe utilizing the facebook feature could help things. If nothing else, it will help to spread author's names to facebook friends (aka potential readers).

I have liked everyone's links so far.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
115 Posts
Caught up with Thundergeoff and Sarah......I'd like to try and keep this going....

Nicholas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts