Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined the boards a while ago, but found them a little difficult to navigate. Now, I'm back to give it another try.

I write women's fiction and romance. I have three pieces that are currently available in Amazon Kindle format. More coming soon ;D

The pieces that are currently available are:

Scarlet's Tears
Love's Chance
My Son

Is everyone on the board listed in the Official list of Amazon author? Is it helpful?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Angela Kay Austin said:
Is everyone on the board listed in the Official list of Amazon author? Is it helpful?
I know everyone isn't, because I'm not yet. It's on the to-do list. I look forward to reading the responses of others who are and whether or not they think it's useful :) It certainly can't hurt.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Todd Russell said:
I think the OP meant the Official Kindleboards list of authors (as opposed to "Amazon") and I was surprised with all your posts that you hadn't gotten on there yet, Dara lol. I told myself that I'd get on there before reaching 300 posts. I better hurry!
Todd, you're right. I meant Kindle vs. Amazon. Are you listed? Do you find it valuable? I'm still trying to find the proper way to be added. There are a few steps. One being to have a post acknowledged by a moderator that has your listing of books. I can barely find my posts after I place them ;D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Angela Kay Austin said:
Are you listed? Has it been helpful? ???
Not an author, believe it or not, there are a few of us on KB.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Ryne Billings said:
Maybe your status as Shakespeare confuses people. :D
Not if they read my posts. Oy, the misspellings and typos!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
When you say helpful, what do you mean?

Is it helpful for letting people know I'm an author and the genres I write? Yes.

Is it helping me generate a ton of sales? No, but I'm of the opinion that every little bit helps.

Someone might want to find a new author who writes a certain genre or someone might be curious if an author they heard of is a member of the boards.

The only possible downside is the rare occasions when some marketing genius decides to send out targeted emails (ie hosing down a crowd with a smg or blasting them with a shotgun) to offer some service.

·
Registered
982 Posts
intinst said:
Not if they read my posts. Oy, the misspellings and typos!
Well, I can't deny that I'm a newbie here (glances at my post count, whistling), but even I know that you're not an author. You post regularly* here, and you've made it clear with every post that your'e just a reader.

Many of your posts here have made it clear that authors should not talk as though readers aren't reading their posts*

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Ryne Billings said:
Well, I can't deny that I'm a newbie here (glances at my post count, whistling), but even I know that you're not an author. You post regularly* here, and you've made it clear with every post that your'e just a reader.

Many of your posts here have made it clear that authors should not talk as though readers aren't reading their posts*
I forgot, I have had some of my work published! Harvey included my greeting post in this:

(That doesn't mean I have to only post in the Writer's Cafe now and beg for reviews, does it? ;) )

·
Registered
982 Posts
intinst said:
I forgot, I have had some of my work published! Harvey included my greeting post in this:

(That doesn't mean I have to only post in the Writer's Cafe now and beg for reviews, does it? ;) )
Nope, you must also complain about reviews that can be considered negative to any degree, even if it involves chugging a 2 liter bottle of Sprite, standing on your head, and whistling "Mary had a little lamb" backwards, with a techno spin on it. ;)

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Angela Kay Austin said:
Todd, you're right. I meant Kindle vs. Amazon. Are you listed? Do you find it valuable? I'm still trying to find the proper way to be added. There are a few steps. One being to have a post acknowledged by a moderator that has your listing of books. I can barely find my posts after I place them ;D
LOL!

As we say in the Threadipedia and in every welcome letter that we place, (no one reads our stuff :'( ;D) you should bookmark/mark as favorite your thread so that you can find it again.

And, as for the usefulness of the Master Listings, I frequently refer people asking for genre suggestions to those sticky threads.

Betsy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts