Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It premieres tonight and all I know is that at 8pm is a special casting show and then at 9pm the season Premiere. This is my number one favorite reality show! Tell me I'm not alone!  :D

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Yay!  Just coming to start a thread if there wasn't one!

Project Runway is the official reality show of quilters, LOL!

Can't wait...

Betsy

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have a favorite and he won the night... something to be said for experience over youth!

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Cuechick said:
I already have a favorite and he won the night... something to be said for experience over youth!
He's my favorite right now too. I really enjoyed the challenge and think they have a great mix this year. I hope they have a few more couturish challenges year. My mom and I love when they really have to reach and do some fun, wild stuff.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
My bf's sister and mom were watching this the other night, so I joined in. It looks like a pretty cool show, I'll try and catch the rest of the season. :)

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
I think I like this cast and I'll have fun again this year ... its an interesting mix of personalities and levels of experience .... but they are getting awfully heavy-handed with the product placement.

Now, about the one who got auf'd this week:
What was he thinking? He didn't want to use his only interesting piece of fabric because he had pillow hair? and when he did use it, it was to make that awful accessory? Fey. I'm glad he was voted off the island .... if you want to win, give it your all, gurl.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
ITA, Geoffrey.

I was also shocked that the judges liked the, forgive me, pubic patch skirt. I thought that was beyond awful.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The show was repeated over the weekend so I am not going to worry about posting spoilers...

Monique, I hated that outfit too, especially since he just put stuff over the shirt he was wearing he did not re-invent it. I was surprised he did not get called out on that. As far as the scarf... head gear... my friend who is also black said only other black women would get it... (she considered him a black woman! lol) I understood his concern, but he just didn't think smart... he could have cut off a piece of the sheet and make another do-rag! Silly boy! It did cost him big time.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
I was surprised by a few of those outfits - there were some truly ugly things on the runway - but I think they called out the three ugliest.  As for the pubic skirt, I agree it was bad but maybe they decided everything else was worse.  I really hope this week's episode brings better fashion.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Loooove Project Runway.

The guy who won..... My prediction: I think he will take himself out of the show. The intensity will be too much for his nerves.

I really hope Michael Kors dials down the nasty comments. He seemed to enjoy being "funny" last year and made the most awful remarks.

Jenna

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My friend lives for MK's snarky comments, it makes the show for her. I don't mind as long as it is true... these people have to know how harsh the world can be. You can not have a thin skin and do this kind of stuff.

Oh and Jenna, I am fear you are so right about Bert... but I hope he keeps it together... I think he is so talented!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
It's very strange that they let Bert on... He worked for Halston! I guess the trial is to handle the challenges and pressure.

One thing I would like to see this season is an anonymous runway show. I'd like the judges to be in the dark about whose outfit is walking down. I think their opinions are biased because they know who created it. "That one is a great attempt for ______" "This one didn't cut it, but since it was done by ______ it will stay."

I just think that would be fun to throw in once in a while. Some designers are so clear in their style that it wouldn't matter - such as Mondo or Seth Aaron. The judges would have known theirs in a flash.

Mondo and the other second place person from season 7, Amelio (??) should have won. Ha ha. I need to throw that in when I can.

Jenna

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I believe Christian worked for Vivian Westwood... and a few others have also worked for big names... it is not the same as having your own line, nor does it really guarantee talent.

Love the blind runway ideal...

So agree about Mondo...! (Not sure which designer you mean from Season 7, who won that one?)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Cuechick said:
I believe Christian worked for Vivian Westwood... and a few others have also worked for big names... it is not the same as having your own line, nor does it really guarantee talent.

Love the blind runway ideal...

So agree about Mondo...! (Not sure which designer you mean from Season 7, who won that one?)
Seth Aaron won season 7 and Emilio Sosa (I said the wrong name) came in second.
Here is a link with some pics and video of him and his work. http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2010/01/project-runway-season-7-meet-emilio-sosa.html

He was the guy Tim Gunn disliked and argued with all the time. Remember? Tim hated all his stuff and then Emilio would win the challenge.

Jenna

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I just got a chance to watch the casting show and the season opener.  Project Runway ties with So You Think You Can Dance as my favorite reality show.  This cast seems to be a good one.  I think the right person got aufed on this episode and the best creation won.  I hope that Jenna's prediction about Bert is incorrect, but I would not be surprised if she is right. I was also surprised that the pubic skirt made it into the top three.  I truly thought it was ugly and not that difficult to put together.  I am looking for ward to watching this season.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Pubic skirt - bah!!  ;D

All of the skirts were reeeeeeealy short too. UGH. Hello 80's.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My prediction is that at some point Bert will start producing work that the judges feel is dated, and he will be offed. I really feel for his story and hope that doesn't happen.

The girl who can't thread a sewing machine? I can't imagine her lasting that long. I'm curious what skills and talents she developed that she's been able to transfer into making clothes.

I agree the first round of judging should be blind...and that the judges have preconceptions about people's work. It's always striking how "fresh" the guest judges sound.

Robin

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Oh, Robin, I'm glad you brought up Anya (the Miss Universe contestant). My mom and I had a long talk about her. We're suspicious. I just don't see how someone who has sewn for 4 months, never made pants, never worked with silk can do what she did. She's clearly talented, but she'd have to be a sewing savant to pull that off. I wonder if there isn't more to her story.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JennaAnderson said:
Seth Aaron won season 7 and Emilio Sosa (I said the wrong name) came in second.
Here is a link with some pics and video of him and his work. http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2010/01/project-runway-season-7-meet-emilio-sosa.html

He was the guy Tim Gunn disliked and argued with all the time. Remember? Tim hated all his stuff and then Emilio would win the challenge.

Jenna
Oh yes, I agree... that whole season was probably the least memorable for me...when Seth Aaron was doing the casting and mentioned he won. I thought, "You did?" a complete blur! LOL!

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Fun show last night. I am always amazed that the designers can use these off beat materials and come up with designs that actually look like clothing. The guy a few seasons back who used trash bags to make the faux leather outfit was fantastic. I don't think that any of the creations last night were of that calibre, but I did like the dress that won and the
Seed Dress
My choice for the winner would have been the seed dress.
I also thought the fact that Bert did not seem to care what he did because of his immunity does not bode well for him.

1 - 20 of 245 Posts