Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the books that I purchased for my Kindle 2 able to be stored on a CD?  I would prefer to not depend on Amazon for storage. 

·
Registered
70 Posts
only had my kindle for a couple weeks but since im currently in argentina I have had to download purchased Amazon books to the computer, and then transfer via USB to the kindle itself.  Right now i have a folder on my desktop containing all copies of everything on the kindle.  I dont see any reason why this couldn't be burned to a disc.  in fact thats what i plan to do at some point..  re downloading books from amazon is simple enough if you only have to do a few at a time.  If however, you need to re download all your purchases it can be a real pain in the butt because your unable to download them as a single download.  you must individually download each one..  Makes life much easier just keeping a local backup and then burning or duping it somewhere on a drive or USB flash etc.  Hope this helps

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I would definitely encourge people to make a local backup (CD/HardDrive/memory card) of the books on your Kindle 1 or 2.  I strongly believe in multiple backups on different kinds of media. Online is one, a physical copy locally is another.  Just imagine, you want to read something you've purchased but not downloaded yet, and the Internet is down!  The horror, the horror!

Betsy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sure, but why not just use an external hard drive, or flash drive, or even just a folder on your computer?  The files we're talking about are really quite small.  In this age of huge hard drives, even 100 books wouldn't make much of a dent in a relatively new laptop or desktop.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Since I do not have WN in Mexico all my books are "stored" on my computer.  Easy to do and I think important particularly for those not Amazon books.

·
Registered
460 Posts
You can definitely store them to a cd, or even a thumb drive. I don't usually burn content to discs, but I do have a backup hard drive where I keep all this sort of stuff.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Yup, I backup my Kindle every couple-three weeks to my hard drive, which gets backed up daily to an external drive. That includes Amazon books and those I got elsewhere. I believe in backup redundancies and taking care of my own copies. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts