Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure exactly how I got there, but somehow I landed on the Amazon.com Kindle page today and guess what I bought? ::)  Yeah, not sure how the husband is going to feel about this, but I'm going to consider it a Mother's Day present to myself (thanks, me!).  And, uh, yeah got a cover and ordered a skin too.  :D

Now to think up a name....  :p

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Welcome to the board! No need to really worry about the name. As soon as you get your new kindle the odds are its going to come to you. ;D !!!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome, selli.  A perfect Mother's Day gift.  And I'm so glad you found your way to Kindleboards as well.  You're going to love it here.  Check out the book threads.  Lots and lots of good suggestions.  Which cover and which skin did you get?  We love knowing what everyone has.  We can be nibby that way. 
deb

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vegas_Asian (Experiment#305) said:
Welcome to the board! No need to really worry about the name. As soon as you get your new kindle the odds are its going to come to you. ;D !!!
Thanks! I hope so.... I've had my GPS for a few years (another surprise purchase I had to explain to my husband!) and haven't come up with a name yet. Hopefully this one will be obvious. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
drenee said:
Welcome, selli. A perfect Mother's Day gift. And I'm so glad you found your way to Kindleboards as well. You're going to love it here. Check out the book threads. Lots and lots of good suggestions. Which cover and which skin did you get? We love knowing what everyone has. We can be nibby that way.
deb
I should've looked at the skins threads before I bought, but I got Goldball at decalgirl. I'm not sure if I'm gonna like it though. ??? And the cover was a Royal Blue M-edge, I think? I'm hoping it looks okay, if not.... back to the skins page I go!! :D

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome to the boards!! Hope you enjoy your stay here!  :)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I think that combination is going to be very nice. 
deb

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. It looks like you will be joining us in accessories. I never really clicked with a name for my K1, but as soon as I touched my K2 the name just popped into my head. :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to Kindleboards!  I think you'll find we are a nice bunch of people... ;D ;D
jp

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Welcome!  I think you should be extra nice to the thoughtful person who visited Amazon and bought you your Mother's day present, and buy that person lots of books now as a thank you....  ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Welcome! I think you should be extra nice to the thoughtful person who visited Amazon and bought you your Mother's day present, and buy that person lots of books now as a thank you.... ;D
Greetings and Welcome, selli! Speaking of books, Have I got some links for you! First there is The Book Corner where you can find Bargain Books, Free Books and books Recommended by our Members. You've already seen some of the Accessories, but there is more than covers and skins, there are also bags and lights and screen protectors and... Well, you get the idea. Hope you love you Kindle and continue to enjoy KindleBoards!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Susan in VA said:
Welcome! I think you should be extra nice to the thoughtful person who visited Amazon and bought you your Mother's day present, and buy that person lots of books now as a thank you.... ;D
I think that's an awesome idea! ;D

intinst said:
Greetings and Welcome, selli! Speaking of books, Have I got some links for you! First there is The Book Corner where you can find Bargain Books, Free Books and books Recommended by our Members. You've already seen some of the Accessories, but there is more than covers and skins, there are also bags and lights and screen protectors and... Well, you get the idea. Hope you love you Kindle and continue to enjoy KindleBoards!
Thanks for the links... since I kinda exceeded the non-existent Mother's Day gift for myself budget, I'm thinking that the bargain and FREE books links are going to be a winner. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts