Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so excited too!  This sucks.  I guess I just need to do an RMA or something.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
OMG....so sorry to hear. 

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Sorry to hear. I'm sure you'll get a new one soon.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
You know, I have to say, I thought the new packaging was a bit flimsy, being that there is no real exterior box. Some of the UPS guys literally throw packages on my porch. I had wondered if they were instructed not too with these cause mine was left propped against the inside of my porch post. It looked like it was pretty carefully placed there.

Anyway, I would not remove the plastic, or charge it or anything and call CS ASAP.
Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I also thought the packaging was flimsy to say the least.
I had anticipated something similar to the K1's arrival and was looking forward to see what they would come up with.
My surprise was also over the comparison between the packaging of Amazon K2 cover, sturdy, cover held firmly and the K2, thin plastic and, in my case, the black plastic cover was not attached to the base. When I opened the box the K2 flopped out. If I had not been sitting down it would have hit the floor.
The K2 gets an A+ but packaging an F.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I also ordered both the amazon cover and the K2, which were shipped together.

They came with the box for the cover as well as the box for the K2 packaged in one box with the type of shipping cushions that are supposed to be filled with air to protect the merchandize during shipping.

In my case, there was no air left in any of the shipping cushions so they certainly didn't provide any protection.

Luckily neither the cover or the K2 had any damage anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts