Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the Mrs. (as opposed to the Spouse Thingy) wanted to know what she should get me for my birthday. I have yet to learn the art of holding off on buying things I want as I'm an immediate gratification type of guy. Anyway this has the unfortunate side affect of making it nearly impossible for others to buy gifts that I actual want.

Well I've been wanting an Oberon cover for a while now but the myriad of choices have left me with a temporary case of indecision and hence an opening for my wife to get me something I want.

I told her what I wanted and she said "Don't you already have a cover for your kindle?"

"Well yeah, but it's just the boring Amazon cover." She still didn't get why I wanted an Oberon.

So.........to make a long story shorter I had to show her the Oberon website. Big, BIG mistake that is going to eventually end up cost me a small fortune.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
A coworkers wife had been wanting new living room furniture and he was telling her they couldn't afford it. He then came home with a new tractor. As he was coming into the house to change and go "play" with his new toy, she met him at the door and said "Don't bother changing. If you can afford a tractor, I can have new furniture." And so she did. From that day on, wheever he heard of someone buying a new tractor, He would tell them that it would cost twice as much as they thought it would. I could have told him that, and he had been married longer than I. Go figure...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
LOL. I'm not one for shoe's or purses but show me those Oberon covers, journal, and jewelry I loose control! Glad to know your wife now understands <ggggggg>

theresam

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Smart lady. Sounds like you are buying her a birthday, mother's day, anniversary and just because presents for awhile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts