Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and ordered an Oberon cover. It's all YOUR fault! All these pretty pictures -- it was too much for me!! LOL

I have the purple butterfly coming to go with my Cascade Decalgirl skin.

Someone PLEASE start a 12-step group for Kindle-accessory-aholics.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'd be no help  for the 12-step program. I've got the purple butterfly one myself and loved it so much that I purchased a Red Hummingbird journal.  :eek: ;D

Congrats on ordering.

theresam

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
The problem with a 12-step program is that it won't work unless you really want to stop the obsessive/compulsive behavior and we don't want to do so.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
We will however ooh and aah and tell you how beautiful your combo is when you send us pictures!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
EllenR said:
and ordered an Oberon cover. It's all YOUR fault! All these pretty pictures -- it was too much for me!! LOL I have the purple butterfly coming to go with my Cascade Decalgirl skin. Someone PLEASE start a 12-step group for Kindle-accessory-aholics.
I just bought the purple butterfly also and I absolutely adore it. It has the dragonfly charm. Then I had to order a BB Kindle bag which should be here any day.

A 12-step group usually consists of people who want to recover from their obesession. I don't think we've hit bottom. . . yet!

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Don't worry... I broke down tonight too, and got the Roof of Heaven in green so you're not alone.  You're a step ahead of me though.  I still need to get a skin!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
No help here, I just reskinned my K2 to better match my dragonfly pond cover & latest BB bag......

And then skinned my laptop to match the sleeve I bought for it months ago.

And found three new purses, all sized to carry a Kindle.

What obsession?   No obsession here.  ;D

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think I am worse than you, guys. I ordered my Oberon cover before I ordered the Kindle 2... Tree of Life, saddle, corners. The Kindle arrived yesterday (fast as lightning), the cover will be here Wednesday. I love the look of the Oberon, and had trouble deciding which one to buy (first... there will definitely be a second). Just wish those fine folks at Oberon would get real with their shipping. Have they never heard of the USPS Priority Mail pack for under $5???

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Scheherazade said:
Don't worry... I broke down tonight too, and got the Roof of Heaven in green so you're not alone. You're a step ahead of me though. I still need to get a skin!
Which step are we on???? Seriously, your cover sounds lovely. Can hardly wait to see pics.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Tippy said:
Which step are we on???? Seriously, your cover sounds lovely. Can hardly wait to see pics.
I don't think any of us have reached step one.

"Hi, my name is Victoria, and I can't finish this sentence because there is no problem."

Besides, we're still picking out the correct accessories to go to the meeting in. :D

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
There IS a 12 step program:

Step one:  Buy a Kindle
Step two:  Join Kindleboards
Step three:  Buy a skin.
Step four:  Buy a second skin
Step five:  Buy an Oberon cover (or M edge or....)
Step six:  Buy a light (MightyBrite, Lightwedge...)
Step seven:  Buy the perfect bag, tote, briefcase, knapsack
Step eight:  Buy a second Oberon cover
Step nine:  Buy a case to put the cover in
Step ten:  Buy a second Kindle
Step eleven:  Buy another perfect bag, tote, briefcase, knapsack
Step twelve:  Give up counting your Kindle accessories

Betsy

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Tippy said:
I just bought the purple butterfly also and I absolutely adore it. It has the dragonfly charm. Then I had to order a BB Kindle bag which should be here any day.
I'm a little behind in accessories. What is a BB Kindle bag?

theresam

·
Registered
43,324 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, at least I'm in good company!

Victoria, I had not thought about a skin for my laptop. I have two and my daughter has 1. Sounds like I have some shopping to do! LOL

Betsy, that's my idea of a GREAT 12-step program. :D

EllenR

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
EllenR said:
Well, at least I'm in good company!

Victoria, I had not thought about a skin for my laptop. I have two and my daughter has 1. Sounds like I have some shopping to do! LOL

Betsy, that's my idea of a GREAT 12-step program. :D

EllenR
It's all Luvmy4brats' fault, she was talking about skinning laptops and everything else. Next thing I knew, I was eyeballing MacBook skins. Took me a month to succumb, but I finally couldn't help myself!

Actually, I was tired of the spots & specks & such on the brushed aluminum, and oddly enough, the aluminum is really cold against my hands when I'm typing. The skin is easier to clean, and warmer to the touch. Still not quite used to it, but like the Kindle skins, I think it will seem totally normal in a day or so.

I did NOT match my laptop to the Kindle though! :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
You made a great choice on the cover, and honestly, accessorizing the Kindle is pretty addictive, so get used to it.  ;)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
There IS a 12 step program:

Step one: Buy a Kindle
Step two: Join Kindleboards
Step three: Buy a skin.
Step four: Buy a second skin
Step five: Buy an Oberon cover (or M edge or....)
Step six: Buy a light (MightyBrite, Lightwedge...)
Step seven: Buy the perfect bag, tote, briefcase, knapsack
Step eight: Buy a second Oberon cover
Step nine: Buy a case to put the cover in
Step ten: Buy a second Kindle
Step eleven: Buy another perfect bag, tote, briefcase, knapsack
Step twelve: Give up counting your Kindle accessories

Betsy
Oh my word! I've actually finished the 12 step program! Who knew? ;)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts