Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was unable to post to kindleboards for about fifteen minutes this morning....just kept getting a message that the server was busy. Then I got kicked off the board completely and couldn't reconnect....more 'server is busy' messages. Does this mean we have enlisted as many members as the server is able to comfortably handle right now? Usually there aren't that many people on the board this early in the morning.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
It seems like the server did go down for a little while this morning. I don't know if it is a size issue or just a temporary glitch. I'm sure Harvey will look into it when he's back online.

Leslie

·
Registered
384 Posts
I was thinking that maybe Harvey was doing a little maintenance because it is still the middle of the night in WA and the boards were not too busy when they went down.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yeah, I noticed this too...

Thought it might be my browser but other links worked, etc.

Glad it's back up now.

Hate those KB withdrawal shivers  ;)

Marci

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Occasionally I'll get a 'server not found' message.  There's always a 'try again' button and it's always come back when I've done that.

Of course, sometimes that's the kick in the pants I need to get off the computer and do something useful.  :D

Ann

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Good morning all,
  not sure what happened to cause that outage, or if any other sites on our shared server were affected.

I don't think it was traffic-related, though - we're set up to handle quote a bit more traffic than we currently receive, so we're well prepared for growth.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Harvey said:
Good morning all,
not sure what happened to cause that outage, or if any other sites on our shared server were affected.

I don't think it was traffic-related, though - we're set up to handle quote a bit more traffic than we currently receive, so we're well prepared for growth.
Welcome back Harvey, we did miss you!
Linda

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Thanks - I've been pressed by my day job the past few days (and nights). Plus, I'm working on a new toy for KindleBoards members.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
^ Chat is coming, but this latest thing is a one-page summary of Kindle Store fast-moving items, by genre. I posted about it in the Book Corner, in this thread:

I thought this might be a convenient way that people can check on what is "hot" in their favorite genres of books.

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,1449.0.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts