Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so, Lets be up front. I love my tech. I have a desktop and a laptop as well as an ipod and a kindle. It is a natural inclination to be attracted to protect the things that made you look at your pocket book and cry right? Wrong. the same week Eros showed up, I mislayed my iPod and for the life of me I can't find the HOT PINK device, but I can tell you exactly where my 800$ laptop is and my 400$ kindle is, but nope, can't say where the 150$ ipod went >< anyone else noticing little idiosyncrasies like this? and what would Freud say? Freudian Slips of the tech?

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Oh we can talk tech...and keeping track of our tech.

I have my laptop, my ipod touch, my iPhone, my Kindle, and my cool little Canon camera. I'm not supposed to have the touch anymore. That was supposed to go to my husband to replace his cracked screen ipod video. He doesn't want it. What to do? It's a $400 ipod practically new. So I keep it and let the kids play with it...even though they ALL have ipods (except my 14 yr old..she's got an iPhone too) Kids are constantly running around trying to Find the ipod's...I'm about ready to duct tape them to their foreheads! They all have different skins and different colored ear phones they shouldn't be difficult to find. They're allowed in the house and in th van when it's moving. They can't leave the van.

My laptop virtually never moves from it's place of honor next to my rocking chair. I don't often lose it. There will be times it decided to take a walk down to my daughter's room and not be able to find it's way back. I'm not sure why my laptop goes down there unless it's to socialize with her perfectly good laptop.

My iphone also wanders my house aimlessly. Doesn't tell anybody where she's going. I think the 2 new kids I have in my house are doing it, but I can never catch them at it...Oh, I didn't tell you about them? Their names are Not Me and I Don't Know. Rotten, rooten children seem to do everything in my house

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL I'm a 21 year old college student I'm physically attached to my iPod and my kindle. how the heck can I lose my ipod ITS HOT PINK! ><

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
ladynightshade said:
LOL I'm a 21 year old college student I'm physically attached to my iPod and my kindle. how the heck can I lose my ipod ITS HOT PINK! ><
Check pockets, couch, car,pants/shirt pocket, backpack/purse, bed, bathroom, kitchen counter, and fridge. Once you're done checking all of these...check them again, you may have missed it.

LOL! I lost my Kindle Charger last year. Couldn't find it anywhere. It had a DecalGirl sticker on it. It Was PINK! Not like it could get overlooked...Pink people. I did find it....about 2 months later. I now have an iphone which drastically reduces the amount of devices I need when I'm out and about.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: Found Nova (my iPod)...in my backpacks secret pocket...-sighs- I, am dumb. this things been missing a week! on a side note does anyone know the default spacing on a kindle page? ((Alt+Shift+?))

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
ladynightshade said:
Update: Found Nova (my iPod)...in my backpacks secret pocket...-sighs- I, am dumb. this things been missing a week! on a side note does anyone know the default spacing on a kindle page? ((Alt+Shift+?))
Glad you found it. I see you followed my list. Once lost a set of rental car keys for 3 hours..checked my purse 3 times. Had daughter check same purse...she found keys in about 5 seconds.

Alt+Shift+5 is the default I believe

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
LOL! I lost my Kindle Charger last year. Couldn't find it anywhere. It had a DecalGirl sticker on it. It Was PINK! Not like it could get overlooked...Pink people. I did find it....about 2 months later. I now have an iphone which drastically reduces the amount of devices I need when I'm out and about.
And this is why I have multiple chargers for all my devices. LOL I'm forever misplacing those.

The K2 at least has only a few set spots it can be. The laptop is a 17" MacBook with a DecalGirl skin, so it's a little hard to miss. The iPhone, on the other hand, has been known to disappear for literally weeks. Thankfully it hasn't decided to take that type of walk in a while, but just yesterday it took me a good half hour to find....and like Luv, it was in my purse. I swear I checked it more than once!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as momma says, the purse is woman best friend and worst enemy. Devouring everything you need and retaining all the things you do not. "Why the freak is there always a loose hard candy at the bottom? on pens? and how the heck did those crumbs get in there!?"

·
Registered
704 Posts
luvmy4brats, I was laughing at your comments. Your house sounds fun! All those devices.... wow! Lucky kids.
Do you have any pets to make the house more lively?
kdawna

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Luvmy4brats, I love the names of your two new kids -- Not Me and I Don't Know.  Am Sitting here with big ole grin lighting up my face.  Gosh I remember those two extra kids!  They get around.  Lady Night Shade, glad you found your iPod.  We're lucky to be able to own such wonderful electronic gadgets. 

·
Registered
417 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Oh, I didn't tell you about them? Their names are Not Me and I Don't Know. Rotten, rooten children seem to do everything in my house
The extra person at my house is named Mr. Nobody. That's who does all the odd stuff at my house. At least that's what my daughter tells me.

luvmy4brats said:
Once lost a set of rental car keys for 3 hours..checked my purse 3 times. Had daughter check same purse...she found keys in about 5 seconds.
I did the exact same thing a few weeks ago. It was cold out so I went outside, started the car, and locked the door. When the car is running, you have to lock it with another set of keys so I knew I had that second set when I walked back into the house. I got ready to leave and could not find the second set. I looked in my purse three times and couldn't find my car keys. My sons school is two blocks from the house so I gathered the kids and we walked my son to school. Walked back home, looked in my purse again, and found them instantly. I felt so stupid. :-[

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Tippy said:
We're lucky to be able to own such wonderful electronic gadgets.
We are indeed!

I am 55 years old & also a gadget freak. I've got my Kindle 1 (who still hasn't told me her name) tricked out with a 1 Gb SD card, Nettie (brand new Asus netbook, which I am loving), a Creative Zen mp3 player which I only use for audiobooks & tricked out with an 8 Gb micro-SD card, a windows smartphone tricked out with a 4 Gb micro-SD card (my carrier is Verizon, so an iphone is out of the picture), one 15-inch laptop (which is being retired to light duty, staying at home now, thanks to Nettie), and 2 12-inch semi-comatose laptops, .
I always have my mp3 player, smartphone, Kindle, and now netbook, with me. they actually all fit into my purse!

I've got 3 kids (ages 22, 20 & 20), all who call themselves nerds, & a husband. One of these kids is a computer guru & the other two obviously use them. My household has had more computers than people for at least 5 years. Kids are all away at college presently.

Oh and 2 golden retrievers & one neurotic cat!

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
KimmyA said:
I did the exact same thing a few weeks ago. It was cold out so I went outside, started the car, and locked the door. When the car is running, you have to lock it with another set of keys so I knew I had that second set when I walked back into the house. I got ready to leave and could not find the second set. I looked in my purse three times and couldn't find my car keys. My sons school is two blocks from the house so I gathered the kids and we walked my son to school. Walked back home, looked in my purse again, and found them instantly. I felt so stupid. :-[
I freaked over the rental keys. I was down in Disney with my two oldest for a gymnastics meet. We were on a very tight budget. The rental company told me it was going to cost a couple hundred dollars for new keys. I was SO upset. We were at the World of Sports and I went over the entire area we were sitting in and the Disney people were helping me looking under the stands. I'd actually sent the kids back to the room (with my purse) so I could keep looking. My daughter dumped my purse out in the room, found them and brought them back to me. I was a mess!

·
Registered
417 Posts
A couple hundred for new keys? Geez that's pricey. I'm glad your daughter found them and saved you from having to pay that.

·
Super Moderator
67,253 Posts
The new keys with the computer chip in 'em are pretty expensive if you need to replace them.  Because they basically have to re-program the lock.  It's not just a mechanical key cutting.

Ann

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
The new keys with the computer chip in 'em are pretty expensive if you need to replace them.
You can say that again; our cat likes to carry things off & drop them in obscure places; she took our VW computer chip key & dropped it in our daughter's hiking boot. It took us 2 months to find it (we had 1 spare) and then only when we told our daughter she was going to have to pay the $250.00 fee to replace the key if she didn't look more thoroughly in her room (the cat is mostly bonded to her).

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CegAbq said:
You can say that again; our cat likes to carry things off & drop them in obscure places; she took our VW computer chip key & dropped it in our daughter's hiking boot. It took us 2 months to find it (we had 1 spare) and then only when we told our daughter she was going to have to pay the $250.00 fee to replace the key if she didn't look more thoroughly in her room (the cat is mostly bonded to her).
Wow you sound like my folks. Our cat has a magnetic collar, and knows it, and doe sthe very same things! also has a fancy for snuggling the electronics....he's eaten three charging cables so far. :mad:

·
Registered
298 Posts
CegAbq said:
.... our cat likes to carry things off & drop them in obscure places; she took our VW computer chip key & dropped it in our daughter's hiking boot.
Your cat must be part ferret! One of my friends has a ferret, and the ferret is constantly stealing small items and hiding them. (Until she told me about her ferret's kleptomania, I didn't realize that's where the verb "ferret" came from.)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
It's not only gadgets that might be misplaced. I constantly misplacing one of my eyeglasses. I have 3, for driving, for pc, and for reading. I always place them in the same place but when I didn't... I couldn't remember where I put them. The other day, it was raining so when I went to pickup my mail, I put my eyeglasses in the front pocket of my jacket. I usually don't do that. So the next day, I didn't know where it is... That night, I was thinking about my eyeglasses and remember the rain and found it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts