Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had some very nice reviews of Each Angel Burns lately but it's always nice to discover someone writing about one of my older books. This showed up on Chicago author Maureen Gill's blog today: Let Me Suggest A Book. I won't post the whole thing because it is long but I loved her last paragraph:

I'm not sure what else needs to be said with the possible exception that Kathleen Valentine proves that being an independent author and being an extraordinary talent are not mutually exclusive terms. Kathleen's writing elevates the bar for all those who want to independently publish. She has also cast adrift the myth that indies are not the equal of those who are agented or traditionally published. Everyone who wants to write or loves to read can learn much from Valentine and "The Old Mermaid's Tale."

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
The kind of review that makes one's day! Congrats. :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
I jealous and I'm only posting here 'cuz I'm hoping you're success rubs off on me... LOL.

Seriously - That is just AWESOME! What a great review for you, both personally and professionally. Congratulations.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Congratulations on that awesome review!

May I make a suggestion?

Okay, that was a rhetorical question because I'm gonna suggest away.  :D

The link she gave after the review took me to your website.

On your website, it took some searching to find a link to its Amazon page. That link actually took me to the print version, not the Kindle version.

So, it took me several clicks and way too much searching to get to where I could buy the Kindle version of that book.

My suggestion is just to make it easier!  ;D

·
Registered
663 Posts
RedAdept said:
Congratulations on that awesome review!

May I make a suggestion?

Okay, that was a rhetorical question because I'm gonna suggest away. :D

The link she gave after the review took me to your website.

On your website, it took some searching to find a link to its Amazon page. That link actually took me to the print version, not the Kindle version.

So, it took me several clicks and way too much searching to get to where I could buy the Kindle version of that book.

My suggestion is just to make it easier! ;D
Wow, that is a great piece of advice. I never thought about it but you're absolutely right. If it takes more than a couple of clicks, you'll lose your customers. I'm checking my site now to see if I'm suffering from the same problem.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Now here's a review worthy of its own thread. Congrats.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Fantastic, amazing review. It makes me want to pick up your book, that's for sure.

ChristopherDavidPetersen said:
Wow, that is a great piece of advice. I never thought about it but you're absolutely right. If it takes more than a couple of clicks, you'll lose your customers. I'm checking my site now to see if I'm suffering from the same problem.
Site? What's this site you're talking about? Man, I am so behind the promotion stuff. On the other hand, I'm on schedule to release my next book.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thak you very much everyone. It was so lovely of her to post that.

RedAdept said:

That's an excellent suggestion. I'm going to have to work on my site(s) this weekend. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Kathleen Valentine said:
Thak you very much everyone. It was so lovely of her to post that.

That's an excellent suggestion. I'm going to have to work on my site(s) this weekend. Thank you.
Thank you. I'm glad you understand.

I didn't want to be a downer and rain on your cool review parade, though. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts