Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had free books mentioned there before, but I didn't submit to them. It's been awhile since one of my freebies received a mention so I'm assuming they now have paid promo slots. If that's the case, how do you sign up for one? I looked at their website and the FB page and didn't see any info. Maybe I missed it somewhere.  ::)

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
It doesn't have a security lock and only takes credit cards. I am not sure it is safe.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
David VanDyke said:
Seems an odd structure - free or jumps to $75. Anyone have experience with the paid option? Was it worth it?
I was thinking the same thing. I just did a Bookbub ad and paid $110 for a supernatural suspense freebie. I'm still way above normal for free downloads on this book. (perma-free). I'm somewhere around 28,000 downloads across all platforms. (I can't see the numbers of free from BN, so I'm not even counting those.)

I'm not sure a $100 there would work as well since I don't see that they have as many on their mailing list, and it isn't genre specific. (Bookbub's supernatural suspense had 660,000 subscribed to that genre). However, I have been picked up by them before when I ran a free book through Select and hadn't planned any other promotion, and had the free run do much better than I had expected because they picked it up. I wish I could remember numbers though.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
David VanDyke said:
Seems an odd structure - free or jumps to $75. Anyone have experience with the paid option? Was it worth it?
I had a paid slot on a $0.99 back in August, I think it was. If I'd been in Select and used the Countdown promo at 70% it would have paid for itself, with a little extra.

They picked me up on their own recently (same book, but it's now my permafree) and the sell-through and tail have been better than most.

(That's for Women's Fiction.)

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
I just posted about the same questions. A hundred bucks seems a lot for only 28K subscribers.

Betsy, feel free to merge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts