·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have:

The Stand - Stephen King
The first 4 Anita Blakes - Laurel K Hamilton
Many Bloody Returns - Charlain Harris
The 1st Discworld - Terry Prachett and a deal at less the $2!
The Story of Edger Sawtelle - David Wroblewski. I read the sample and HAD TO order it. It wasn't my fault I swear..the book made me order it.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
chobitz said:
I now have:

The Stand - Stephen King
The first 4 Anita Blakes - Laurel K Hamilton
Many Bloody Returns - Charlain Harris
The 1st Discworld - Terry Prachett and a deal at less the $2!
The Story of Edger Sawtelle - David Wroblewski. I read the sample and HAD TO order it. It wasn't my fault I swear..the book made me order it.
At least the price came down on Edgar Sawtelle. I think that's a love it or hate it book.

Congrats!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suzanne said:
I'm reading The Stand and it's excellent. It's my first Stephen King book (I've been a scaredy cat) and I'm in awe at what a genius he is with his writing.
Yep its my favorite book of all time. There IS a reason why he has won a lot of awards. He is very character driven which makes his books even scarier. No matter what boogeyman he uses its always believable because of his characters.

Make sure to check out his other books!

Oh and in case you didn't know the movies Stand By Me and Shawshank Redemption are from King books! So he doesn't right just horror.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i read King's Firestarter many, many years ago and really liked it.  It was also made into a movie starring a VERY young Drew Barrymore.

I have also d/l'ed The Stand but haven't read it yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts