Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sigh.

Since I've come to kindle boards I've bought a rice cooker LOL, a bunch of tea stuff, decal girl skins for my iphone, K1 and my daughters ipod touch and an oberon cover for the K1.

Now I want a Borsa Bella. Where is the smilie with the bag over her head?

I can't decide which style to get though.

I've realized that fighting the tide here is useless, I will go down with you all from the weight of my accessories and gadgets.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I already have 2 different ones I love and just mailed some fabric off to have melissa make the travel bag for my kindle.  My original bags didn't match my oberon cover so now they will be color coordinated!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I have the Travel Bag in Lunar Blue that I use for both K2 and as a small purse for running errands.  I've also got a Travel Bag in Flora Roberts on order and Melissa is making me a hip zip in the Lunar so that I can use the Travel bag exclusively for my Kindle.  BB Bags are extremely well made and unique (at least where I live) and I love the idea of supporting a small businesswoman.  I don't think you can go wrong w/any BB that you choose.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
**snort**

I have three Kindle bags from Borsa Bella--the original bag (from back when that was the only one) in Red Japanese, the naked Kindle sleeve in Stephanie's Plum (not quite comfortable with the protection for the screen, I use this one for cables when travelling), and my semi-custom Travel Bag in Martini Dots.  That one literally gets used daily around the house. I load it up with my iPhone, the house phone, my Kindle, sunglasses, etc. & it moves with me from room to room and out out to the deck.

Oh, and a Let's Do Lunch handbag in the Martini Dots combo to match the travel bag!

And as I post, Melissa is getting a custom camera bag ready for me in the Fun Black & White.  Turns out my new point & shoot is just a little too big for the large gadget bag, so she's making a variation of that design that's a touch bigger & has a gusseted front pocket to hold a little bit more.  With a matching wrist strap for the camera itself--I had stolen the one from one of my other bags, but it too was a bit small. 

I've also got two different fabrics set aside to send for custom bags, just trying to decide what I want made out of them.  I just keep telling myself they're cheaper than Oberons.....  :D

·
Registered
710 Posts
LMAO, Rasputina. YES! We pulled you in! ;D I planned on getting at least one bag from BB when I got my DX, but I figured, "Why just get one?" So, now I have two that I can switch interchangeably. I'm getting a semi-matching skin too. I'm trying to decide if I want to get a custom skin by changing the color hue.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I love my travel Borsa Bella bag.  I used it on my vacation.  I kept my Kindle and DS Lite in it while in the cabin, took it out during the day and used it to hold my digital camera, video camera, cell phone, gum, prenatal vitamins, and Oberon card holder.  It did a great job holding all my stuff.

·
Registered
123 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: (hubby's response if he realized how much I've spent on accessories)

Yeah, I knew I wanted a Kindle.  I didn't realize that I would very quickly come to "need" skins (ordered) and cover (s) and borsa bella bag (s)....

but I'm sure having fun!

Plus, I know that I'm getting good quality stuff when I buy...thanks to all the posts on this forum!

Kim

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Evil is such a strong word...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Neversleepsawink;) said:
I love my travel Borsa Bella bag. I used it on my vacation. I kept my Kindle and DS Lite in it while in the cabin, took it out during the day and used it to hold my digital camera, video camera, cell phone, gum, prenatal vitamins, and Oberon card holder. It did a great job holding all my stuff.
Okay, that's it. "I will go down with the ship" I'm getting one after restraining myself for weeks... 8)

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a travel bag, and am wondering what fabrics you all have chosen. Any great suggestions?

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I should have guessed. That's the one that I like the best, but my daughter bought it, and it would be too confusing if we were together and both had the white oleander travel bags.  Next favorite??? 

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Cindy416 said:
I should have guessed. That's the one that I like the best, but my daughter bought it, and it would be too confusing if we were together and both had the white oleander travel bags. Next favorite???
That is the same pattern I bought. :) We must have great taste. ;)

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cindy416 said:
I should have guessed. That's the one that I like the best, but my daughter bought it, and it would be too confusing if we were together and both had the white oleander travel bags. Next favorite???
I have that problem all the time. My daughter and I have very similar tastes.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
We ran into that problem when I was chosing an Oberon, too. Megan bought her cover about 6 weeks or more before I got my Kindle 2. When she asked which cover I liked best, I told her "Avenue of Trees" in fern. She loved it, too, and bought it. Then, when Megan, her sister, and my husband gave me my Kindle for Mother's Day, I soon knew it would need an Oberon. Of course, I didn't want to get the very same cover that Megan had (which I loved), so I had to find another one. (She had no problem with my getting one like hers, as we don't live in the same house any longer, but I wanted hers to be special for her.) I bought a "World Tree" in green, hoping I'd like it. Luckily, it turned out that I absolutely love it.

Our similar taste in books works well because we can share an Amazon account. If my other daughter gets a Kindle, she'll share the account, too, I'm sure, because we all three like many of the same books.

As for the BB bag, I decided to quit expending so much energy trying to choose a fabric. I bit the bullet, and just completed my purchase of the BB "Elegant Black and White Kindle Travel Bag." I think I'll like it a lot, and really need something to protect my Kindle and it's beautiful leather cover. (I think the BB will be much more appealing than some of the other options that I've considered......ziploc bag, tea towel, etc.  lol)

(As an aside, I have to add that I think it's wonderful having adult daughters with similar tastes in things that we enjoy. It's a great feeling to look at them and realize that they have turned into the young women that I'd hoped they would become.  My mother and sister would have been really proud of them.)

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is so true, I love having a daughter and now that she is an adult it's great to be able to share similar interests. We have a daily ritual of watching the Gilmore Girls reruns on the Family Channel for instance. We don't have a lot of common ground on books since I'm much more into academic books and loves graphic novels but we meet on other areas. 

1 - 20 of 28 Posts