Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I bought the $29.99 "Amazon Kindle 2 Leather Cover" with my K2 purchase, and though I like it, I'm afraid to bend back the left flap under the Kindle.  Does anyone know if it's ok to do so, and won't hurt the lifespan of the cover?  I'm new to Kindles, and the cover market is overwhelming.  I like the feel and texture of this Leather Cover, but if it doesn't fold back under the device, well, I'm not sure why it would be designed as such.

Thanks!
Oy.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Since most of us here who own that cover have only had it for a few days, it is hard to comment on the lifespan! However, I have been folding it back to read and it seems to work fine. I would assume that the designers took into account that most people do fold back the cover to read.

L

·
Registered
335 Posts
I fold mine back 100% of the time that I'm reading.

I haven't had any more time with it than anyone else, but it is made of leather.  I would be astonished if this practice did any harm.  At worst it might hasten the appearance of "character lines", which most people associate with the wonderful look of well worn leather.

·
Registered
261 Posts
One other note...the product description on Amazon specifically mentions that it can be folded back flat for reading so the designers definitely intended that to be a function of the cover.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had mine folded back most of the time.  So far, so good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts