Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's gotten so bad that the drool is messing up my keyboard, and I need to make this order before my Mac goes haywire.  I've decided on the Tree of Life (I salivate for saddle) but I can't decide whether to get Velcro or corners.  Has anyone compared them?  Has anyone actually seen both?  Do I really need to wait until someone gets one with corners?  Arghhhhhhhhh........

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have the Tree of Life with the velcro and I love it. I love to see my kindle with nothing covering the corner. If I'm going to buy another cover from the Oberon, I would choose the velcro again.

Shizu

·
Registered
829 Posts
Gail said:
OMG - another decision to make! Can you post a photo of the backside where the velcro is? Is this too much to ask? I should get a life!
Here is mine - Tree of Life in Sadle - this was a beta test version. The ones they sell have a 3rd piece of velcro. I love it. It "floats" with nothing covering the Kindle. Very secure.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks so much...it does look secure.  I had some doubts because I tried to use velcro on the original Kindle cover and, while it adhered to the back of the kindle, it wouldn't stick to the suede lining of the cover.  Is it easy to get to the switches on back without pulling the entire thing out?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Gail said:
Thanks so much...it does look secure. I had some doubts because I tried to use velcro on the original Kindle cover and, while it adhered to the back of the kindle, it wouldn't stick to the suede lining of the cover. Is it easy to get to the switches on back without pulling the entire thing out?
Yep! Very easy - just reach a finger in and flick it on or off. and the velcro is sewn into the cover so no worries about not sticking to the cover here!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Gail said:
Excellent, excellent! I'm already falling in love....now comes the hard part - which one? which color? woe is me!
yea - that's a toughie! The upshot is you can't lose no matter what you pick. All their stuff is beautiful.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I am waiting for my Avenue of Trees cover with velcro.  Should get here sometime this week.  Waiting.  Waiting.  Waiting.

G

·
No one outside of Oberon has seen the corners in person. They only started sending them out this week (hopefully). I opted for ground delivery so it may be awhile before I get mine. Sent my beta back for a different design. I sure miss the smell and feel of the leather. Great thing is which ever way you decide it will have those.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I got mine today & I am in love!!! They are absolutely beautiful! I'll post photos tomorrow.  :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I finally decided on the Bold Celtic Knot - basic black is so flexible!  This way I can change skins (Aloha Red right now) and it will still match.  All I have to do is get the SO to order it!  He wanted me to tell him what I wanted for Xmas, but he hasn't ordered yet, aggravating man.  I'm turning into such a grabby person for my Kindle, I want everything right now.  :eek:

Katiekat

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Toby said:
Okay, I've never used velcro on my Kindle. If I were to order the velcro with the cover & then got another cover with corners, would I have trouble fitting the Kindle in the corners with the velcro still attached on the back??????
I have the velcro on back of my kindle but I used to place my kindle in the M-Edge cover. Like you, I was worry that with the velcro on it might fit into the M-Edge cover but there was no problem at all. I didn't notice any diffrent before I had the velcro and after.

Shizu

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks to all- I think I'll wait until someone gets one with corners.  I use the alternate button all the time, for bookmarks and to put my Kindle to sleep, so I need to know if it's difficult to press the buttons under the corners.  Also, the idea of the "floating" Kindle is cool.

Decisions, decisions.......

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Here's a thought ... order with corners and if you don't like it, snip, snip and add velcro. Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts