Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran a $50 ad that went out to Michael Gallagher's  Kindle Books and Tips newsletter as one of three books at sale prices.

I went from 69 downloaded at $5.50, to 123 downloaded, with still nine hours to go. I lowered my price to 2.99 for the promotion and started in the 45k+ ranks.

Now with 54 downloaded just today, so far: 
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,352 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#5 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror > Spine-Chilling Horror
#7 in Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Spine-Chilling Horror
#91 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Fantasy > Contemporary

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone else want to report their results?

Right now I'm up to 72 sales just for today (plus the 69 from the rest of the month) ans it's only 10pm Eastern.

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,492 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#4 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror > Spine-Chilling Horror
#5 in Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Spine-Chilling Horror
#73 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Fantasy > Contemporary

I think it's a winner as far as paid advertising.

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dalya. :)

I know how hard it is to find advertising that works. :) So for the fifty bucks, I've already made $144, so it's a win on immediate return, plus I'm on at least two additional top 100 subgenre lists.

·
Registered
13,316 Posts
Well, I booked. Let's see what happens.

I've never had much luck with paid advertising, but it should probably be part of my overall scheme for world domination.

I have a book currently at $2.99 pending the release of a next volume which I should be editing instead of faffing on the boards.

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sharing my results because of the generosity of those here who share theirs. Without Kboards, I may never have learned about ENT, POI, Kindle Books and Tips, how to set a book free
(if it comes back to you, that's a return)
on Smashwords, and at least a hundred other useful things.

I do notice a spike in sales when I find well-targeted advertising places, and that is the difficult part. I wish I could find 365 of them, because I'd love for everyday to be a spike or trend upward.

I appreciate everyone's viewpoints and helpfulness here in the KBWC. This is a great place.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Thanks for posting your results, Lisa. I signed up for a paid spot with KB&T for April 4th. It's good to know some of the possibilities. :)

And, yes, would this be loverly, "...I'd love for everyday to be a spike or trend upward."

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, I woke up this morning, up to 174 sales total and:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,559 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#4 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror > Spine-Chilling Horror
#5 in Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Spine-Chilling Horror
#49 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Fantasy > Contemporary

I'll be offline most of the day and don't expect it to climb higher (if it did, it would be a nice surprise).

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ran an ad on Friday for Halfskin (0.99) and moved about 80 downloads. Not bad. It should end up making back the money and give a good bump to rank. It was scheduled to run Saturday (today) but ran a day early. Fortunately, I was already ready so I don't think it hurt all that much. I plan on running more.

·
Registered
250 Posts
To combat the summer slump, my mom had a Kindle Books and Tips promo yesterday for $2.99 (regular price $4.99).

So far she has sold 90 copies and is #86 in Historical. Woo hoo!

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,330 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
#22 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > War
#27 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > War
#86 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical

·
Registered
250 Posts
WPotocki said:
Yes, thank you so much for you posting your results. It helps enormously and the tips I've learned on Kindleboards have been invaluable.

In terms of the ad you took out, are you talking about the Featured Book Posting? This one?

http://www.fkbooksandtips.com/for-authors/featured-book-posting/

Has anyone tried the regular posting?
It was the $50 regular posting. She was 4th in the post. You can see it here: http://www.fkbooksandtips.com/2013/07/18/more-free-discounted-kindle-book-offers/

G

·

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Been on three times with the $25 listing. First time, 71 sales. Second 87. Third (first book again) 38. Not bad. Third time was a bit of a let down but it was the second run for that book in the space of just a couple of months.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Eric,

Good to see you here again. I haven't been on in a while, but with wifi on as I'm a jet to New Jersey, I thought I'd explore this place again. It's nice to touch base and get information. I'm sensing a slowdown in sales for many people, and those who get on BookBub are thrilled, and those who are not, are frustrated.

I loved finding this thread as I just bought a day (I hope) on "Kindle Books and Tips" for August 2, which will be a day after my BookBub date where my new novel, BLOOD DRAMA, an unusual thriller, makes its debut for many people. I hope to keep the momentum up on August 2. I hope your writing up a storm.

--Chris

·
Registered
250 Posts
WPotocki said:
So then it would be the regular book posting that features 4 books. Just trying to understand which advertising option it is for that particular ad. They don't list prices so it's difficult to tell what the $50 covers, but that regular option sounds about right.

Thanks!
The prices are on this page: http://www.fkbooksandtips.com/for-authors/advertising-information/

They are variable depending on what price your discounted book is.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts