Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband is not a reader.  He's very smart, but reading books is not his thing.  He would rather surf online boards, read D&D & gaming manuals, and comic books.  The only time I've seen him sit down with a "book book" is when we are on vacation, and it's been the same book (he would stop reading when we got home then pick it up again a year later).

So I was pleasantly surprised when he picked up my Kindle to read UR.  I didn't expect much more then that.  Last week he started reading my Dresden novels.  I got all excited about his new reading and he was confused.  I explained that I grew up in a house where if you walked into my parent's bedroom at night they would both be in bed with books in front of them, so it made me feel all warm and fuzzy to be doing the same with my husband. 

Well now I keep finding him reading.  I don't know if he's just really enjoying the Dresden books, or if he's doing it to because he knows it makes me smile.  I told him if he keeps this up, he may end up with his own Kindle.

Lara Amber   

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like this story.  I love it when a non-book-lover begins to experience the joys of reading.

Keep him motivated whenever you see him reading, cuddle up to him and whisper "I've never wanted you more "   ;)

Kathie

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Latjoe said:
I like this story. I love it when a non-book-lover begins to experience the joys of reading.

Keep him motivated-- whenever you see him reading, cuddle up to him and whisper "I've never wanted you more " ;)

Kathie
Might distract him from the reading. ;)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
LaraAmber said:
My husband is not a reader. He's very smart, but reading books is not his thing. He would rather surf online boards, read D&D & gaming manuals, and comic books. The only time I've seen him sit down with a "book book" is when we are on vacation, and it's been the same book (he would stop reading when we got home then pick it up again a year later).

So I was pleasantly surprised when he picked up my Kindle to read UR. I didn't expect much more then that. Last week he started reading my Dresden novels. I got all excited about his new reading and he was confused. I explained that I grew up in a house where if you walked into my parent's bedroom at night they would both be in bed with books in front of them, so it made me feel all warm and fuzzy to be doing the same with my husband.

Well now I keep finding him reading. I don't know if he's just really enjoying the Dresden books, or if he's doing it to because he knows it makes me smile. I told him if he keeps this up, he may end up with his own Kindle.

Lara Amber
My husband tells me he used to read a lot in his teens, but by the time we hooked up the only evidence of this was a dusty, torn Stephen King book at the back of the closet, and some magazines he must have had for the articles. He's never had an issue with my reading, even after his mother said I was poor company because of having my nose in a book too much. Over the years he started to read more, but his habit is to nurse a book for months. I sorta know his tastes so will hand books his way when I finish one.

He is using the Kindle I bought him though, pretty much every night. Right after I purchased it, I went and DLed to it any ebook I had that I thought he might like. He's currently reading The Academy by Bentley Little and constantly updates me with the percentage read.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts