Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I hope you know that. For those who have ipod touch or ipod phone you can download free kindle application and read your books now on ipod touch. Well, don't take me wrong, but I love my original kindle, but this thing with ipod touch is simply awesome!!! I can now read books and with a background light at night!
So this is my decision: i keep my original kindle and use it at home, where my ipod touch travels with me anywhere!!! And you know what else? the size of apple touch is 75% smaller than my beloved "pooky" kindle.

Please visit amazon for more details how to downlad that free software for your ipod touch or iphone. YOu would love the font and what it has to offer. I do... My kindle and my ipod rocks!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
lailamar said:
Ok I hope you know that. For those who have ipod touch or ipod phone you can download free kindle application and read your books now on ipod touch. Well, don't take me wrong, but I love my original kindle, but this thing with ipod touch is simply awesome!!! I can now read books and with a background light at night!
So this is my decision: i keep my original kindle and use it at home, where my ipod touch travels with me anywhere!!! And you know what else? the size of apple touch is 75% smaller than my beloved "pooky" kindle.

Please visit amazon for more details how to downlad that free software for your ipod touch or iphone. YOu would love the font and what it has to offer. I do... My kindle and my ipod rocks!
Glad this works for you but all I could think is "Ouch, my eyes!" But, that's just me.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't want to read on the ipod/itouch for any longer than a few minutes, just a quick stopgap if I was somewhere without my Kindle (which rarely happens) or maybe if it was easier standing in line.  But to each their own, I know it's worked just fine for some folks for the 2 months it's been out. :) 

·
Registered
740 Posts
DD said:
Glad this works for you but all I could think is "Ouch, my eyes!" But, that's just me.
Not just you, same here. Personally, I think the iPod is too small to stare at for more than a few seconds at a time.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I have a friend out of country - yours and mine  - that told me today that she uses her ipod exclusively, has not read on her kindle in months!  She also stated she could download directly to the ipod and bypass having to load to the computer.

·
Registered
947 Posts
It's a great supplement--I can do some quick reading at the doctor's office, or while my son is playing with his toys (he sees the bigger kindle and will try to take it, but the iPhone just disappears on top of my leg).  But 98% of my reading is still done on the Kindle.  There's no way I could get through a whole book on the iPhone/Touch.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I read on my Palm T/X for about a year or two before getting the Kindle.  Read practically the whole Harry whatsisname series by Michael Connelly on it.  I liked it quite a lot but I like the Kindle better.  I could see me using the iPod touch at times, especially with the backlighting for bedtime reading.

Betsy

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I read on my iPod Touch and it is kind of hard on the eyes. I love how it's small enough to fit easily in my purse and I can read while I'm waiting in offices etc., I also love the touch screen, which makes it fun and I don't mind turning pages. The font and size are fine for reading (not sure what the size is). But I'm still planning to get a Kindle. I'll keep my iTouch (Thor) even after Kindle arrives. I've gotten attached and Thor has so many other fun apps besides reading.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I have a friend who has a kindle, but reads everything on her iPod, doesn't even use the kindle - how weird is that :mad: but she also says that she can download direct to her iPod and not through the computer - she is in Thailand  ::)

·
Registered
74 Posts
the touch app is decent. i get nasty migraines w/ light sensitivity, so over the long haul it's not great. i wish the touch app had some of the same basic functionality as other iphone 'reader' apps -- like control over background and font color; and i wish i could still underline & annotate, and sync that stuff too. but i deeply prefer my kindle. if i want to read on my touch, i tend to use stanza or e-reader more than the kindle app. but if i'm in the middle of something suspenseful, i know i'll be glad to be able to keep reading on the touch.

·
Registered
947 Posts
DD said:
Isn't this review for the iPhone, not the iPod touch? I'm confused, but that's not unusual!
The app is the same, because the devices are essentially the same. The iPod Touch is an iPhone without a phone, GPS, bluetooth, or camera.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
lailamar said:

How do you connect to the internet with the iPod touch? Do you need an ATT account as with the iPhone? Will the iPod touch work with my Verizon account? I have an unlimited internet account for my Verizon Blackberry. I can't find anything on Apple or Amazon that says 'mobile account necessary' or anything like that.

·
Registered
723 Posts
DD said:
How do you connect to the internet with the iPod touch? Do you need an ATT account as with the iPhone? Will the iPod touch work with my Verizon account? I have an unlimited internet account for my Verizon Blackberry. I can't find anything on Apple or Amazon that says 'mobile account necessary' or anything like that.
The Ipod touch needs wifi connection, The Ipod phone uses 3G network.

Eric

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Still a trainer of dogs... said:
The Ipod touch needs wifi connection, The Ipod phone uses 3G network.

Eric
Sorry, I still don't understand. Do I have to pay extra for a separate wi-fi account for iPod Touch? Or, like my wi-fi capable PC, will it automatically connect to any wireless network? In other words, does the iPod touch have its own network card built-in? Thanks.

·
Registered
723 Posts
DD said:
Sorry, I still don't understand. Do I have to pay extra for a separate wi-fi account for iPod Touch? Or, like my wi-fi capable PC, will it automatically connect to any wireless network? In other words, does the iPod touch have its own network card built-in? Thanks.
Yes it will locate wifi connections for you just like your PC!
YEA!!!!

Eric

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Still a trainer of dogs... said:
Yes it will locate wifi connections for you just like your PC!
YEA!!!!

Eric
Yay is right! My husband offered to buy me something neat for Mothers' Day. I'm considering the iPod touch. While reading books on it wouldn't be it's main function (eyestrain), all the other capabilities are neat.

Any ipod Touch 2nd generation owners, do you recommend the 32gb size, or is the 16gb plenty big enough for music, books, games, etc.? Also, what is the best case for this product, in your opinion?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts