Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to release book #3 of my Righteous series in a couple of weeks and have been thinking about commissioning a new cover and selling an omnibus version of the series. The book would include The Righteous, Mighty and Strong, and The Wicked, as well as my novella Trial by Fury and a yet-to-be-written second novella or short story, plus maybe Gordon Ryan's interview about the series.

What I was thinking was to include that second novella as a bonus for the omnibus, and I know this is typical marketing-think, but it doesn't seem quite fair to the people who have purchased the entire series and now can't quite read it all without forking over for the whole series. Maybe that answers my question already.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I would suggest adding the bonus story to help encourage people who may have bought only the first in the series to try the Omnibus. It may also help influence people who have not read any of the books to go for more "bang for the buck". You could do this and also release the bonus story as a stand-alone at .99 for the benefit of those who may have already purchased all the other parts of the Omnibus.

JA Konrath had a posting about something along these same lines a month or two back, and his main point was to find as many different ways as possible to sell your stories. That may mean breaking up a collection and selling it in pieces or combining several stories together to creat a new collection. The sky is the limit!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts