Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted to see the Grand Tetons, and this morning I'm on my way, for a conference. Anybody been? I'm looking forward to posting pictures.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Harvey said:
I've always wanted to see the Grand Tetons, and this morning I'm on my way, for a conference. Anybody been? I'm looking forward to posting pictures.
Harvey, are you into hardware? There's a hardware thingy at Jackson Hole this week.....

we want pictures!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Harvey -- You are going to love the Tetons and Jackson.  Jackson can be a lot of fun.  And frankly, the Tetons are one of the  most beautiful places in the US.  Have fun, take lots of photos, and share them with us!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Never been. Sounds interesting though.

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ak rain said:
take a water bottle and extra batteries and extra card for camera
Sylvia
I'm with you on this advice! I never leave town without 3 extra charged-up camera batteries and 3 extra 8GB SD cards.

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Carol Hanrahan said:
Harvey, are you into hardware? There's a hardware thingy at Jackson Hole this week.....

we want pictures!
Hardware *and* mountain peaks!? I'm heading to my mecca!!

I'm actually going for a national human services conference - - in my day job I manage a portfolio of projects that build computer systems for state governments.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Where is Jackson Hole

·
Registered
921 Posts
Living in Northern Colorado, Tetons/Jackson is our favorite *local* get away.  The scenery is incredible, and Jackson is a great town - shopping and good restaurants, what more can you ask?

Have a wonderful trip!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
How terrific Harvey - yep, pictures are required  ;)  Have a terrific time, and if you are flying watch out for the hardware show, all that stuff can get heavy  ::)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Harvey said:
I've been to Jackson Hole a couple of times. Been a while though. We had to make a detour there on our honeymoon. We got to spend one night in Yellowstone before they completely shut it down due to the big fire, only entrance left open was the south entrance. Fortunately I had been in Jackson Hole skiing with my friends a few years before this and knew an out of the way hotel that actually still had 2 rooms available. Everything else in town was booked solid with firefighters etc.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Harvey said:
In Wyoming, near Yellowstone National Park.
never heard of it, thanks

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
You going to get a chance to head up to Yellowstone too?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Grand Tetons National Park is a section of the Rocky Mountains just south of Yellowstone known for it's rugged peaks, glacier lakes, and abundant wildlife - beautiful country. Jackon Hole is actually a ski resort area just south of the National Park with a lot of winter and summer activities. Jackson, WY is a town/city a few minutes east of Jackson Hole and south of the National Park itself - lots of lodging/shopping/restaurants supporting both the park and the ski area.

The whole area is generally referred to as "Jackson Hole". Hope that helps!

Not some of my better photos, but all I have from the digital camera.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
you have to visit the Natioanal Parks. I have been living in National and State Parks for the last 20 years (minus 2 years stuck in a city feelling like a fish out of water not good). 16 years with kids.
Sylvia

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
For those who haven't been to the Grand Tetons, here are some pics (not mine).

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Harvey said:
I've been to the Tetons several times, and they're always gorgeous. A must-visit: Jackson Lake Lodge in the park, to watch the moose come out and graze in the evenings (binoculars come in handy).

Edit: At Jackson Hole they have fake cowboy 'shoot-outs' during the summer in the town square: http://www.jacksonholewy.com/events-town-square-shoot-out.php -- just the thing to watch before going for a beer at the nearby Silver Dollar Bar. :D

CK

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Have a wonderful time, Harvey, and take lots of pics for those of us who have to travel vicariously. I visited the Grand Tetons (and Jackson Hole) just before my 13th birthday. (My sister and her husband took me on vacation with them!) I still remember that wonderful trip 47 years later. The scenery is truly breathtaking.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts