Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Paperwhite Kindle and received a Jan 2nd or 3rd delivery date (w/Amazon Prime). Does this date seem realistic with the recent stock outs?

I've been reading on an iPad and hope that the Kindle will help the headaches (recommended by eye doctor) so I'm looking forward to the new device.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Amazon has usually met or beat their delivery estimates, so I'd say it's realistic.  Congrats on the pending Kindle!

Betsy

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Congrats on getting the PW and the speedy delivery. Keep us informed as to if it shows up when it's supposed to.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great job Amazon - PW and cover are out for delivery today!!!! Now hoping for no screen issues....

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Hot Dog, Casse! Amazon really excels in the customer service department. Keeping my fingers crossed you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kindle arrived yesterday morning right on time - also ordered the Kindle cover in pink and love it - color is great and the full coverage of the device is wonderful. Wish it had a strap to hold for one hand reading.

On to the Kindle - The screen is great... except for at the bottom the location # section is a bit grey in spots where the lights are not - is this normal? It really doesn't bother me but I want to make sure this is not a problem.

Thanks!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Casse said:
Kindle arrived yesterday morning right on time - also ordered the Kindle cover in pink and love it - color is great and the full coverage of the device is wonderful. Wish it had a strap to hold for one hand reading.

On to the Kindle - The screen is great... except for at the bottom the location # section is a bit grey in spots where the lights are not - is this normal? It really doesn't bother me but I want to make sure this is not a problem.

Thanks!
Yes Casse that is normal. I find you can minimized or sometimes totally eliminate the shadows of the leds at the bottom, by the brightness adjustment. And I just ordered another Paperwhite for my wife today :)

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Think positive!

I ordered mine 4 days before Thanksgiving and they initially gave me an arrival date of Christmas Eve.

I got it the day before Thanksgiving. They continually sent me updated shipping notices!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts