Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My name is Rai Aren & I co-authored a mystery/alternate historical fiction/archaeology adventure novel about ancient Egypt & the Great Sphinx of Giza, entitled Secret of the Sands. It is the 2009 ReadersFavorite.com "Fiction-Mystery" silver medalist.

It is a little bit like mixing INDIANA JONES + THE MUMMY + NATIONAL TREASURE and has a double storyline where the past & present intertwine...

For 12,000 years a dark and deadly secret has been hidden deep below the Great Sphinx of Giza. In present day Egypt, a frightening, yet awe-inspiring story unravels as archaeologists race against time to decipher an ancient truth...

Here is the link direct to the new second edition - only $2.99!:

A Prophecy was Told…

An ancient prophecy, thousands of years old, told of the coming of the Chosen one, but she will be both loved and feared, and some will stop at nothing to defy everything she represents.

A Secret Long Buried…

A secret power that once proved too deadly, was hidden away deep beneath the sands of Egypt, only to be revealed by its sworn guardians when the time came that the knowledge would be safe.

A Deadly Riddle is Unlocked…

Two young archaeologists fatefully unearth unusual artifacts dating over 12,000 years old. The exhilarating find however, is wrong - very wrong. The artifacts shouldn't be there…they shouldn't even exist at all.

A Power Unleashed…

Now after remaining dormant for 12,000 years, the secret has been uncovered, and its true purpose suspected. What will be the greatest discovery in human history will either change us forever or destroy us for trying…

"A deep probing mystery riddled with prophecy and danger, Secret of the Sands uses Egypt and her mythology as a backdrop to delve into the meanings of life and religion." -McNally Robinson

"Rai Aren and Tavius E. have crafted a fast-paced, exciting novel overflowing with mystery and intrigue. The tension is constant. The characters fully developed. And the plot gripping. Ancient history and present day relevance are so expertly intertwined, that you might forget you are reading a work of fiction." -- Thomas Phillips, author of The Molech Prophecy

Here is our video trailer:

This adventure novel has been an Amazon.com bestseller numerous times in the categories of "Action and Adventure", "Historical Fiction", "Religion and Spirituality". We hope you will check our ancient Egypt book out & we love hearing back from our readers!!

Happy reading always, fellow book-fanatics!

Rai Aren, co-author of Secret of the Sands
http://www.secretofthesands.com/

In the shadow of the Great Sphinx of Giza, two young archaeologists unearth extremely unusual artifacts over 12,000 years old, but the find is wrong - very wrong. The artifacts shouldn't be there…they shouldn't exist at all. The greatest discovery in human history may turn out to be the deadliest…

--Rai, fixed your broken link and resized your image just a little bit...Betsy

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am about half way through Secret of the Sands. Great story so far!

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I've read Secret of The Sands and I'm looking forward to the sequel. The two stories of modern and ancient Egypt are woven together in an exciting way that draws you into the story.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Guess I'm gonna have to suck it up and spend more $ than usual since I really do like this genre!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Just bought this myself after looking at it for a week or so. I'm finishing "In Her Name" and will need something to really get into. I am dreading the end of "In Her Name" because it is sooo good, I don't want it to end!!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
OK I got it - but the price has fallen, a tad but still less than the last time I looked $5.59 now it was almost $8 the first time I looked.  Now when will I have the time to read it?  When I get off of the kindleboards!  ARGHHHH

·
Registered
223 Posts
I read Secret of the Sands a couple of months ago.  It's a very entertaining book - i recommend it!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi everyone!

Wow, so nice to hear from all you!!

re: the price being $8, now $5.59, I hope that was just a glitch, because our publisher had set the price to $5.59. I would be very unhappy if our kindle was priced at $8  :-[  much too high! Glad it's showing the correct price now  :)

Thanks to those of you who are reading or are going to be reading the book & for the kind comments from those who have already read it. I am an avid reader too, I could just happily read all day long...

I have seen the book "In Her Name" - I will take a closer boo at it now that you mentioned it's so good. Recommendations are always good!!

You guys all made my day  ;D

Rai

Z

·
0 Posts
Rai -

I gotta admit I'm a complete sucker for these kind of books!!!!

Sounds absolutely fantastic!!!!

Wendy

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just thought I would come on by & share the brand new trailer for our adventure novel SECRET OF THE SANDS - I made it myself using Animoto - a very cool, easy-to-use FREE tool! 8)

[flash=200,200]http://www.vimeo.com/7385063[/flash]

(p.s. I tried to embed the video, but since it wasn't on YouTube, it wasn't working, but the link will take you right there!)

I am also proud to say that our ancient Egypt book Secret of the Sands has been repeatedly ranking lately as an Amazon.com kindle BESTSELLER for the category "Historical Fiction" - we are very thankful for every new reader!!

Happy reading always!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share our super-cool news that our award-winning adventure novel, Secret of the Sands, has been a consistent Amazon kindle bestseller for the last few months. I wanted to thank our awesome readers for their support & interest in the novel!! It's even been on two bestseller lists lately: Historical Fiction & Genre Fiction - Historical, having cracked the Top 1000 books oodles of times *jumps for joy*

Here's the link to it:

http://www.amazon.com/Secret-of-the-Sands-ebook/dp/B001ESMPTG/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2

(I included that link b/c the link-maker wasn't picking up the kindle edition of the book, only the paperback edition - see below)

Our readers mean the world to us!

Also, our fantastic publisher, Bristlecone Pine Press/Maine Desk LLC, has enabled the book (and the rest of their catalogue) for the Amazon.co.uk kindle store, too. It's wonderful to be available across the pond ;D

Happy reading always!

http://www.secretofthesands.com/

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Welcome back, Rai! Since it's been a while, here's a courtesy copy of our welcome letter -- We like to put a copy of the "welcome letter" in each book thread. It doesn't mean you've done anything wrong, it just helps us know that you know the rules.

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature.

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,36.0.html. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Book Bazaar moderators - thanks so much for the info! I wasn't aware of some of those rules. Much appreciated.

I will sign off for now by posting a link to my most recent interview, on author/publisher Kent Holloway's blog. We chat about the genesis of Secret of the Sands, have a discussion on the main characters, the upcoming sequel, and more! He's interviewed many other authors including Steve Perry (of Indiana Jones & Star Wars fame!), Scott Sigler, Jim Butcher, Steven Saville, Sean Ellis, David Sakmyster, Kristina Schram, Rick Chesler, Stacey Kennedy. I'm honored to be in their company!

Comments are more than welcome, so do drop by ;D

Here's the link:

http://kenthollowayonline.blogspot.com/

Happy reading always kindle-peeps!

Rai

1 - 20 of 55 Posts