Kindle Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thank you for sharing your story.  You are a brave lady. Perhaps by posting your story here, you have saved someone else from the same thing. Glad you are okay. The whole ordeal sounds way to scary. Take Care.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am sorry that this has happened to you.

In order to protect your safety going forward, I would strongly advise using something other than a photo as your avatar. This is a public forum, and given that you're posting using your new pen name here, it makes sense not to tie it to your photo, the videos that you've been posting, etc. This person sounds pretty tenacious, and if he knows that you're a self-published author, it wouldn't be hard to track you down here.

I don't think that you did the wrong thing by withdrawing from YouTube. In fact, I think that it was the wisest choice that you could make at the time, and I personally would be very cautious about heading back in, especially if you do not currently have law enforcement engaged in the situation.

Best of luck. I hope that this will remain in the past.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Clementine said:
In order to protect your safety going forward, I would strongly advise using something other than a photo as your avatar. This is a public forum, and given that you're posting using your new pen name here, it makes sense not to tie it to your photo, the videos that you've been posting, etc. This person sounds pretty tenacious, and if he knows that you're a self-published author, it wouldn't be hard to track you down here.
She has already reinstated her youtube channel, which - while under her pseud - still is a podcast of herself. Enough people clearly recognise her and use her real name to address her, if you look at the video in the initial post.

·
Registered
166 Posts
franseen said:
Correct. Moving forward, I will not be intimidated. I'll be vigilant in documenting any instances of harassment. My online stalker's rule over my channel and my writing has come to an end.

But I'll be careful. I won't ignore the situation if it arises again. And I encourage anyone facing similar troubles to be seek help as needed. Like a few others mentioned, call the cops, contact the FBI, etc.
Great, don't let him win. The FBI has an Internet Crime Complaint Center, where you can file a complaint, this link is to their FAQ: https://www.ic3.gov/faq/default.aspx

What this guy did to you can be considered from online extortion to cyber-bullying. And the worse part is that there could be more victims out there.

I also endured online stalking in the past, that's why I'm so secretive now.

Hugs and best of luck.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts