Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
That'll be me next week - Chicago to the coast of North Carolina (but only 2 kids).

Have a great trip Vicki!!!!! :)

Megg

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Hi Vicki!

I've been wondering where you went. Is it a vacation or are you relocating? Either way, hope you have a safe and fun trip!

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
Victorine said:
I've been on the road, in case y'all were wondering where I'd gone off to! (Driving to California, from Nebraska...four kids in the car...I'm amazed I'm still functioning somewhat normally.)
Yikes, four kids in the car? Have fun with that. ;)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Wow! That would be a great trip (if you could somehow muzzle the kids . . .)  ;)

Once you're there, though, it will definitely be great!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yeah...I stopped going anywhere with the kids when we got to six.  The noise increases exponentially with each child.  ::)  Right around four kids is when car trips stopped being fun.  Any long trips we go on now are only for necessity. 

I fondly remember the days when we had a one year old and an infant, and it was soooo quiet in the car! A cross-country drive with them was better than a hone hour trip with the whole family today. 

I'm not big on a lot of tv watching...but in-car dvd systems are your friend!  I miss our old van, it had a built in dvd system with wireless headphones.  *sigh*

Good luck!  And may you return home with your sanity intact!  :D

·
Registered
977 Posts
Have fun! Those stretches through the desert are a killer. I'm always afraid of breakdowns too :-\. Glad you made it safe and sound.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Have fun on your trip! I drove from NY to Colorado when I first came out here--the car almost died in Amarillo. And it got worse as the altitude got higher. Then I hit a blizzard. But...I guess I got here. (Didn't have four kids in the car.)

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SuzanneTyrpak said:
Have fun on your trip! I drove from NY to Colorado when I first came out here--the car almost died in Amarillo. And it got worse as the altitude got higher. Then I hit a blizzard. But...I guess I got here. (Didn't have four kids in the car.)
Wow, sounds just like our trip!! We did go through some mountains and did hit a blizzard too! The kids got the biggest kick out of the snow in May. We even took a video. :D

Yes, we're nerds.

Vicki

·
Registered
522 Posts
Wow! What a trip! So glad you got there safely (and sanely  ;) ).

Now, enjoy yourself!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Mommy, are we there yet?????

(Copy, paste and repeat four thousand times)

Gordon Ryan

1 - 20 of 36 Posts