Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am a new kindle 2 girl. Is it possible to use my kindle for email when I am travelling in my RV?
Thanks in advance, Carole

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Hi Carole, welcome to the Boards.
I have used my K1 to check my email.  I never really tried to reply to any messages.  I'm sure someone with a K2 will pop in and tell you their experience.
deb

·
Registered
761 Posts
It would take a while but you could. As long as you can check your email using a web browser you should be alright.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Carole, welcome. Glad to have you here.

One of our members, Andrys, posted this over on the Amazon Kindle FAQ (at the Amazon forum) the other day:

If you mean, have email sent to [you]@kindle.com, Leslie's right, as usual. There's no email straight to the Kindle.

But, as Leslie says, if you use gmail/googlemail, you can go to http://m.gmail.com with your Kindle web browser and read your email and even reply to it, once you've logged in, though the latter can be a painfully slow process with that keyboard. It's buggy, in that when you press SEND, it says you can't connect with the server -- but your email actually has gone through successfully.

(I suppose this is better than it saying 'Sent' but it wasn't...)

Just an FYI.

L

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Leslie said:
Hi Carole, welcome. Glad to have you here.

One of our members, Andrys, posted this over on the Amazon Kindle FAQ (at the Amazon forum) the other day:

If you mean, have email sent to [you]@kindle.com, Leslie's right, as usual. There's no email straight to the Kindle.

But, as Leslie says, if you use gmail/googlemail, you can go to http://m.gmail.com with your Kindle web browser and read your email and even reply to it, once you've logged in, though the latter can be a painfully slow process with that keyboard. It's buggy, in that when you press SEND, it says you can't connect with the server -- but your email actually has gone through successfully.

(I suppose this is better than it saying 'Sent' but it wasn't...)

Just an FYI.

L
It sounds handy in a pinch, but for the most part I'd try to avoid replying to emails. I haven't tried it yet but I just don't think I would have the patience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts