Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A wee story....

Back in 1997 I had a vasectomy... (stop cringing there at the back)... and I had it done with local anaesthetic only, which meant I got to sit up and watch.

I did OK, even when the spurting fluids started, a mixture of seminal fluid and blood that looked strangely like a McDonalds raspberry milk shake.

The stitches went in, the nurse cleaned me up, and I even managed to drive home. On the way home I noticed I had developed a sniffle, and thought nothing of it as I had other things on my mind, like whether my bollocks would ever return to a normal size.

I had a good sleep, helped by painkillers and a whisky.

I woke up in the morning with a hacking cough... it felt like getting kicked in the nuts by a donkey every time.

Then the stitches burst...

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Monique said:
Does that mean we should start talking about our "womanly" things? if so, you might want to lie down...
You know, I was just saying to someone the other day that what Kindleboards really needs is a good long discussion about yeast and bladder infections.

Or horror stories about people earning their red wings, perhaps unexpectedly.

Those would totally help with the whole weight-loss thing, right? :)

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
George Berger said:
You know, I was just saying to someone the other day that what Kindleboards really needs is a good long discussion about yeast and bladder infections.

Or horror stories about people earning their red wings, perhaps unexpectedly.

Those would totally help with the whole weight-loss thing, right? :)
Not nearly as much as his story about having things snipped. Yikes. I'm female and that even made me queasy. :eek:

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
I think this is probably the strangest thread ever started on KindleBoards.

*shakes head and puts warning sign on door of Writers' Café*

Betsy

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lorelei said:
What has this thread got to do with writing?
Betsy, please move it to the urologist's café.
It has a lot to do with what motivates me as a writer. And it gave me a great idea for a short story at the time. :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Shall we begin sharing childbirth stories, ladies?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would really like to apologize for this thread.

But I'm not going to. :)

It's part of my method when I'm stuck on the writing to head to a message board and post something completely off the top of my head. This is what I got this morning.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I've got some A+ dental infection and surgery stories to share! Lots of blood! And other fluids I did not know my head could create.

And then the usual stuff that goes on in my uterus I try really hard not to think about. Dangit, I'm thinking about it.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hildred said:
I've got some A+ dental infection and surgery stories to share! Lots of blood! And other fluids I did not know my head could create.

And then the usual stuff that goes on in my uterus I try really hard not to think about. Dangit, I'm thinking about it.
I worked in an ER unit for a while. Bodily fluids hold no mystery to me.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
brendajcarlton said:
Shall we begin sharing childbirth stories, ladies?
You mean like that large hunk of blood that landed by my head when I hemorrhaged? Well, you see I'd been in labour for about 18 hours and... :eek: :eek:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts