Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...someone once told me something and I'm interested if it's true... so I'm calling to all the MG and younger writers...

Someone told me that if you write books for children under the age of 12, it needs to be approved by Congress.  <--- is that true?

(I ask because I've always wanted to do a MG horror series but don't want to get lost in a mess.)

-jb 8)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Um... why in the name of all that's Bob-ly would a kids book need to be approved by congress...? Only thing they have to do with books is the library with their name on it. And to get in that all you do is send them two copies (tho maybe you can do that electronically now?)

They're way too busy going to fundraisers, getting shmoosed by special interest groups, and trying to get re-elected to care about kids books. Just don't write "advanced incendiary devices for toddlers" and you should be good.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I've not heard of such a thing.  Hopefully it isn't true as the way congress moves, it might take five years and reams of red tape to be approved...in triplicate.  LOL

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahaha... that's what I thought!  Just asking.  It sounded VERY weird to me... it was like two years ago when it happened but it always stuck with me because I've always wanted to write a MG horror series but never invested time just in case.

Thanks for the responses.

-jb 8)

·
Registered
522 Posts
I've been writing and studying books for children for the last few years, and I have NEVER heard of this.

Sounds a bit silly  ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts