Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"If you're one in a million, there are 7,000 others just like you."  :p

I read that quote for the first time when I was reading an interesting non-fiction book written by a friend of mine. It keeps me humble, especially when I write, whether I'm writing fiction or non-fiction.

- Dactyl (An astroid orbiting a bigger astroid.)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'd love to find them.  We could start a club.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
There are 7001 mes.  Oh cool.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Dactyl: like the proverb. "Fall down seven times. Stand up eight."
Until the next time we fall. And hopefully there is a Cinisajoy, or Myra
or Tricia O., Chris F., or Wayne S., John E., Annie J., Elizabeth Ann., Cady V., Eelcat,  or...? to offer a hand up. (That hand-up sometimes can mean everything.) And, hopefully, we are able to reciprocate...by paying it forward.  ;)

By the way, whatever became of Eelcat? Anyone know? Miss her amazingly informative posts. 

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Chris Fox said:
Myra, I think you have found them. We're all congregating here =p
Aw...I found you all!

I just figured you'd all look a little more... you know,
or
or maybe even

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I thought the OP was referring to one in a million chances. Which, as we know from Discworld, always succeed. ;)

So who changed the odds for everything I've been doing? Now it's like 1 in 999,999 or 1 in 1,000,003 or something. ::)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Problem is that only 2,100 of them speak English.

And, since I write the stuff that I like to read, that means that I have a potential audience of 2,100 people.

Which means if I can get up to the point where I'm able to release four new books a year, I would need to price the books at $34.17 each.

Which is a price I would balk at and, thus, those 2,100 people would also balk at, which means this whole plan falls apart.

But, maybe I can find these people and we can pool our money to buy lottery tickets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts