Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pre-Kindle.  I'm reading a great book right now on FDR by Jean Edward Smith, but it's 880 pages of a hardcover library edition.  Before that it was the library hardcover of Team of Rivals, another belly buster at over 900 pages.  What a physical struggle to keep open, let alone support.  Oh no, now I sound like I'm whining.  :eek:

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
libro said:
I'm pre-Kindle. I'm reading a great book right now on FDR by Jean Edward Smith, but it's 880 pages of a hardcover library edition. Before that it was the library hardcover of Team of Rivals, another belly buster at over 900 pages. What a physical struggle to keep open, let alone support. Oh no, now I sound like I'm whining. :eek:
Pre-K's are allowed to whine. When you get your Kindle, then you can whine about non-K books you want to read. The only way you can redeem yourself is to start clicking on those books so Amazon knows how badly we want them. So get yourself right over to that clicking thread in the Book Corner, young 'un, and start clicking.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clicking!  Clicking!  That's right....I'll release my frustrations there! 

Thanks for the whining allowance.  I never whine.  It feels good.  ;D

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well, this idiot here bought the hardcovered "The story of Edgar Sawtell", got so tired of holding it up with a bum shoulder that I bought the Kindle version.  So much easier to read and enjoy.  I might just have to give the book as  gift to another reader  :D

B

·
0 Posts
KCFoggin said:
Well, this idiot here bought the hardcovered "The story of Edgar Sawtell", got so tired of holding it up with a bum shoulder that I bought the Kindle version. So much easier to read and enjoy. I might just have to give the book as gift to another reader :D
Or use it as a doorstop, that is about what it is worth, IMO.

B

·
0 Posts
Jeez. How on earth did we ever make it through our lives lugging around books? How is it that our arms didn't drop off or overdevelop into massive tree-trunk appendages?

·
Registered
399 Posts
KCFoggin said:
Well, this idiot here bought the hardcovered "The story of Edgar Sawtell", got so tired of holding it up with a bum shoulder that I bought the Kindle version. So much easier to read and enjoy. I might just have to give the book as gift to another reader :D
I did that with "The Historian"...

Gave the DTB to the local library.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts