Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how many times I've recently said to my husband, "Oh, I read this great article. It might have been in the New York Times. Or Time. Or Newsweek. Possibly the Washington Post... Anyhow..."

Because the formatting is so similar on the Kindle, it's hard to remember the source for the things I read. Of the above, the NYT is my only subscription, but occasionally I get single issues of the others.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I haven't tried getting news on my Kindle. I do read a lot from places like FARK.com, and when telling the Spouse Thingy about something I just say "I read it online..." Saves me from trying to remember where the link from Fark pointed to, and from having to defend reading a news piece from someplace like The Sun  :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the same people when I tell people about a TV show I like and they inevitably ask me when it's on.  "I dunno, that's what TiVo is for!"  :D

People compare the Kindle to the iPod, and I can see that, but in a lot of ways it's a LOT like TiVo too. 

·
Registered
137 Posts
Another way to look at it is that the Kindle gives you a way to clip/save those articles when you read them - with out the physical clutter or mental clutter trying to remember some of the details :)

I love reading the NYT on Kindle ... had a susbscription for about 4 months and enjoy reading the Kindle version much more than the print edition. Articles continue uninterrupted, the "articles" list lets me quickly find the stuff I'm interested in, it fits in my purse and I can read it at a font size that's comfortable for me. The few downsides are not all of the sections/articles are included in the K version and only a few photos/graphics are included.

I share a kindle with my husband, but since I'm the one who downloads our NYT in the morning (we're not in Whispernet area), I get to read first while he makes coffee and curses the delivery person for our local daily. I bookmark the articles that I think he'll be interested in so, later in the day, he can view just the bookmarks, highlights, etc. that I've made. I clip the book reviews, recipes and other "nuggets" that I want to save for later - and it's pretty easy to find them again later when I want them.

Glynnis

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glynnis said:
Another way to look at it is that the Kindle gives you a way to clip/save those articles when you read them - with out the physical clutter or mental clutter trying to remember some of the details :)

I love reading the NYT on Kindle ... had a susbscription for about 4 months and enjoy reading the Kindle version much more than the print edition. Articles continue uninterrupted, the "articles" list lets me quickly find the stuff I'm interested in, it fits in my purse and I can read it at a font size that's comfortable for me. The few downsides are not all of the sections/articles are included in the K version and only a few photos/graphics are included.

I share a kindle with my husband, but since I'm the one who downloads our NYT in the morning (we're not in Whispernet area), I get to read first while he makes coffee and curses the delivery person for our local daily. I bookmark the articles that I think he'll be interested in so, later in the day, he can view just the bookmarks, highlights, etc. that I've made. I clip the book reviews, recipes and other "nuggets" that I want to save for later - and it's pretty easy to find them again later when I want them.

Glynnis
I clip, but those aren't often the articles I end up discussing. I know that's strange, but we'll be going about our lives and something will make me recall something I'd read. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts