Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I think this is the same site that came up before. They automatically append your link with their referral code. If you try to use your own referral code, they overwrite it and append with their own.

Deal killer for me.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
RM Prioleau said:
Very sneaky.
Not particularly. You don't have to use it, and they're under no obligation whatsoever to develop a tool for you for free. They make their money in the referrals.

If you don't want your codes removed and theirs appended, then don't use it. In general, I won't. But as Lisa pointed out, it could be useful for Twitter or Facebook where you don't really have room to give codes for every possible country and have no idea where in the world someone is clicking from.

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Amanda Brice said:
Not particularly. You don't have to use it, and they're under no obligation whatsoever to develop a tool for you for free. They make their money in the referrals.

If you don't want your codes removed and theirs appended, then don't use it. In general, I won't. But as Lisa pointed out, it could be useful for Twitter or Facebook where you don't really have room to give codes for every possible country and have no idea where in the world someone is clicking from.
Exactly. I want to make it convenient for the customer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts