Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a link to purchase the One Year Bible through Kindleboards. Also additional resources for the One Year Bible Book Klub will be posted here.

Betsy

·
Registered
5,384 Posts

Some of the OYB group are also reading this. It is the best .99 I've spent in a long time, very inspirational. :)

Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening: Daily Readings.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i'm getting this right now!

i tried a year ago to do this but i stopped after 3 months. 2nd time is a charm right? lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
I, Uh, was surprised; is it religious theme group? Not that I'm against it or anything,
it's simply impressing considering that religious activities doesn't seem popular thesedays.

But I am more surprised that people actually read the bible in kindle.  ;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
But I am more surprised that people actually read the bible in kindle
It's a book! yeah it's odd

·
Registered
126 Posts
myeugene said:
I, Uh, was surprised; is it religious theme group? Not that I'm against it or anything,
it's simply impressing considering that religious activities doesn't seem popular thesedays.

But I am more surprised that people actually read the bible in kindle. ;)
People like me like to read the bible in their kindle not as a replacement for the paper back print books. It supplements me when Im away from home and can get to reference a bible. But I still enjoy and do love better reading the Bible in paper back print.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I actually use both and use my book Bible at SS and church. I love the feel of the Bible in my hand. The kindle makes it easy and is great for travel but I still enjoy the book.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
We are having revival services at church this week and I left the house without my bible yesterday afternoon. Instead of using the pew bible, pulled out the Kindle instead (it is always in my purse when I go out). It was great, but if the preacher had used more than one passage, I may not have been able to keep up! I definitely prefer my regular bible to the Kindle at church.

I have been using time in the pick up line at school to read my bible on the Kindle.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I actually leave my Bible at home, its a study bible....so it's huge.  I love it, wonderful for explaining :)  I take my Kindle to church, and add notes to Kindle King James Bible as my Pastor lectures.  I love it, no papers....all right there in my Kindle :)  I'm a fast typer, even a fast Kindle typer so it works :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
As ;) mentioned, there are many different versions of the bible. Which is popular now?

I thought acquiring a bible isn't much problem since churches are eager to provide for whoever
ask. Yet despite some expressed already the delicacy of kindle bible, it's still mind boggling to me.  :D

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
I just purchased Spurgeon Morning and Evening (readings/devotional) for .80 at Amazon. I was looking for other devotionals and discovered this. I also purchased The Upper Room Disciplines 2009 that shows on the paperback as not being available on Kindle. Couldn't believe that it was there when I searched devotionals in kindle books.

Marti

·
Registered
835 Posts
myeugene said:
As ;) mentioned, there are many different versions of the bible. Which is popular now?

I thought acquiring a bible isn't much problem since churches are eager to provide for whoever
ask. Yet despite some expressed already the delicacy of kindle bible, it's still mind boggling to me. :D
I have been using this English Standard Version & am really liking it. And the price is right too! FREE!

mlewis78 said:
I just purchased Spurgeon Morning and Evening (readings/devotional) for .80 at Amazon. I was looking for other devotionals and discovered this. I also purchased The Upper Room Disciplines 2009 that shows on the paperback as not being available on Kindle. Couldn't believe that it was there when I searched devotionals in kindle books.

Marti
You will love the Morning & Evening devotionals. He is such a gifted writer. Quite a few people in the OYB Klub are using that devotional and everyone loves it.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
mlewis78 said:

Marti
Marti, I have been using Spurgeon Morning and Evening Devotions and love it. I think you will enjoy it. I look forward to reading it everyday.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I have the ESV (English Standard Version and the the NIV (New International). The ESV is much better on the navigation end than the NIV.

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
Angela, I have the ESV and NIV too.  My leather-bound paper-paged Bible is NIV study.  I have at least one King James Version somewhere in my apartment.

The ESV an NIV were free on Amazon.  Actually I have Today's NIV.  Not sure how much it changed since original NIV was published.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
My study Bible is also the leather bound NIV. I like it although I have nothing to compare it to, my first study Bible. Do any of you have one that you like better?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have 3 different bibles on my Kindle right now- the OYB we're reading, another NIV version and an ESV version that I really have not used yet. In DTB I have 2 different NIV study Bibles- one for women (I like this one since it gives more detail about the women in the Bible) and one published by the Missouri Synod Lutheran Church. I also have a New Living Translation that was a gift on my confirmation from my Godparents.

Lynn L

1 - 20 of 80 Posts