Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,  I've been lurking on this site for close to 8 hours now, starting before I received my Kindel.  I saw it for the 1st time on Oprah and ordered before the end of her discount.  I told my husband about it and he said order him one too, so I got two.  Let me just say that my husband, who is a professional over the road truck driver, just loves Kindle.  He can be in the middle of nowhere and download the most recent book from his favorite author, Dean Koontz, or the latest Vampire tale.  We are both great readers and Kindle just makes it that much more fun.  I have poor eye sight and Kindle really helps.  I just finished the Stand by Stephen King yesterday (after 6 solid hours of reading) and can't wait to start the next selection from the vast list I've already downloaded. I've learned alot from reading the posts here but probably won't be contributing much as I'm a quiet person.  I'm only posting now because I just enjoyed "happy hour" with my neighbors and inhibitions have been removed.  And that's the truth.  :p

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Welcome!  You can lurk as much as you want here, I do it a lot.  You don't have to have been to happy hour to post, but it won't hurt.  Both you and your husband enjoy your Kindles.  The new Stephen King is very good and short stories so you don't have to read it all the way through at once.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Slowkindle, welcome!  Thanks for the introduction, and congratulations on your Kindle!

I think many of us are posting with a glass of wine at our side, LOL!  Hopefully, you'll post again before you wait another 7 hrs & 38 minutes.  Be sure to browse the Book Corner and read up on all the recommendations, and you can even enjoy our upcoming book clubs as a lurker!

Betsy

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great to have you!

The local eye doc (that's me)  is wondering why you are using a photo of someone's left retina (yours?) as your avatar.  And one with some significant stuff going on around the optic nerve to boot.  Sorry, the picture is too small for me to tell exactly what is going on though!

Once again, Welcome!

Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Jim (eyeMC) and others,
Yes, that's my eye.  It's the only interesting picture I could find at the moment.  Looks like a planet to me.  You all have such cool pictures for your avatars.
Anyway, thank you all for your welcomes.
Betsy, I'm a quilter too.  It would be kool to have quilt magazines on Kindle but without print abilities and color, guess it wouldn't go.
I want to thank Oprah too, because without her I would still be in the dark about Kindle.  I don't watch her much but just happened to catch that show and ordered the next day.
Pat

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
slowkindle said:
Hi Jim (eyeMC) and others,
Yes, that's my eye. It's the only interesting picture I could find at the moment. Looks like a planet to me. You all have such cool pictures for your avatars.
Anyway, thank you all for your welcomes.
Betsy, I'm a quilter too. It would be kool to have quilt magazines on Kindle but without print abilities and color, guess it wouldn't go.
I want to thank Oprah too, because without her I would still be in the dark about Kindle. I don't watch her much but just happened to catch that show and ordered the next day.
Pat
Pat--

There are some good quilting books on the Kindle, some of them bargains. There is a Marie Webster, great historical book, on the Kindle for cheap. Nice to meet a fellow quilter, there are a number of us here!

Betsy

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I think many of us are posting with a glass of wine at our side, LOL!
You can see me ??

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome, Slowkindle -

I enjoyed your post.  When I really, really like a book & I give up my sleep, I can spend hours on a book just like you did. 

You are right, the Kindle makes reading so much more exciting. 

Hopefully you will explore the other boards here because there is a lot of great stuff going on.

Glad to have you here,

Marci

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, Pat, so glad to have you here! You are in good company of fellow Kinde-lovers...

L

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I like your avatar.  One other thing, watch out for Betsy, she will have you buying covers, skins and all sort of things.  She is the chief enabler for accessories around here.  :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good morning, I'm not so looped now.  :p  Thanks Betsy for the quilt book link.  I didn't realize there would be any for quilts.
And thanks everyone.  This is a great place to be and I can't seem to stay away.
Pat

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Gables Girl said:
I like your avatar. One other thing, watch out for Betsy, she will have you buying covers, skins and all sort of things. She is the chief enabler for accessories around here. :)
I cannot believe I have such a reputation! :mad:

Don't believe them, slowkindle, it's not...

well it is true.
;D

Betsy

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I cannot believe I have such a reputation! :mad:

Don't believe them, slowkindle, it's not...

well it is true.
;D

Betsy
That's okay, we love you any way. My credit card company really likes you!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Pat! I started out as a lurker also.  ;) We are happy you joined us, this is a fun place to be. Look forward to reading more of your posts. Kindleboards are as addictive as the Kindle.

Linda

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome Pat! I'm reading The Stand now. It's really good!!! I bought my Kindle back in October right before Oprah's stamp of approval. Since then, we bought one for my hubby too. He's currently doing a chess book - BORING! - and Marley & Me. I think he'll be doing The Stand next too.  This forum is a great place for all things Kindle.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts