Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only three more sales till my wife's I Serve reached 5,000 sold! A big thanks to all the readers who have joined us on this grand adventure. My goal for the book has always been a 100,000 sales over its life time, so only 95,003 more to go. Also a big thanks to the many here who fill these threads with great advise and entertainment. I don't think we would be close to 5,000 with out Kindleboards. Cheers

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just wondering if you've ever thought about querying agents once you hit 5,000 sales. That is what I'm planning on doing. I've read that anything between 1,000 & 5,000 are considered very impressive and agents will look at that as a plus for a self published author. Like you I have a dream to see my Trilogy read by hundreds of thousands of people, maybe even millions. I know it has the potential to be big, just gotta get it there.

How long a period of time were those 5,000 over...a month, a year, 6 months....? Just wondering

And Congrats!!!!!! That's a great accomplishment!  :eek:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,

I wound never turn down an agent but I don't think we will go looking for one either. We thought long and hard about it but traditional publishing takes so long and takes such a big cut it would be hard for us to see how they could make an offer that would make sense for us. I would love all the help and agent could bring to the table but right now we are not going to take the time to find one. We plan to launch our next book this Sept. I hope you have great sales as well and land the agent you are thinking about. Also the book has been out for 17 months on Kindle with most of our sales in the last 5.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts