Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay - i have ran into cases where only some of the books in a series i want are Kindlized. Naturally, I start clicking the link telling them i want it in Kindle version. Does buying the one in Kindle also help convince them to Kindlize the rest?

I just recently finished a DTB that is in kindle format (and part of series... and weird since their asre books before and after in the the series not in Kindle Format). I really don't need to buy it now. since I just finsihed it and am not ready to re-read,  but am wondering if buying it may help show the publisher demand is there...

·
Registered
273 Posts
This happened in one series that I was reading.  I did click on the book that was not on Kindle.  I also wrote to both the author and the publisher and explain the situation, heard back from both that it should be and would look into it.  This was last week so I don't know is anything has been done yet.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I wrote to an author who only has the most recent books in a series of about 30 kindleized, and she told me two things that you might want to keep in mind here.

A. Only new books come with a clause in the contract about electronic formats, so it's going to be harder and more time-consuming to get older books in e-book format, because the contract either has to be rewritten or the clause added.

B. Authors have to re-proof the books that are going into Kindle format, go through them and make sure everything is formatted correctly, nothing got fouled up in the translation to electronic format, etc, so as long as the author is still writing new books, the proof-reading process for the older ones might go rather slowly, as the author has a lot on their plate right now.

The best you can do is click the "I would like to read this book in Kindle format" button, and contact the publisher and author to express your interest. I have faith that in time the books will show up on Amazon.

·
Registered
273 Posts
You have to write both.  Sometimes it is the publisher and other times it is the author that makes the decision as to if a book is going to be released in ebook form.  You just never know.  For example it is Catherine Coulter's publisher that makes that decision however it is J K Rowling that makes the decision.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts