Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got mentioned in a tweet which led me to a review on a website called fictiongarden.com. As far as I'm aware, I haven't received a (non-amazon, non-goodreads) review like this, yet, so this was exciting and slightly terrifying.

It actually looks like quite a nice site, dedicated largely to uncovering and reviewing self-published works. I'm not sure how often they read/review, but I've just been looking through some of their past reviews and have already added a few self-published works to my To-Be-Read pile. Nice.

Anyway, if any of you care, this was the review of my own book :)

http://www.fictiongarden.com/#!monstersofelsewhere/cvqk

·
Registered
455 Posts
Awesome review! Congrats. Your book sounds amazing. I just added it to my to-read pile!

That site is a great discovery. Thanks for sharing.

·
Administrator
10,131 Posts
Wow, great review! Congrats. Totally made me want to read the book!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Emily Wibberley said:
Awesome review! Congrats. Your book sounds amazing. I just added it to my to-read pile!

That site is a great discovery. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks very much, and yes it looks to be a good website. Definitely one to keep an eye on, especially as their mission appears to be to find - and spotlight - interesting/different/high quality self-published works.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Claire Frank said:
Very cool! I've chatted with the guy at Fiction Garden, he's really nice. Great review!!
Yes, he was also kind enough to send me an email with some nice feedback in it, which I really appreciated.

I honestly don't ever anticipate making a great deal of money from my writing (I've been doing it in various forms for a decade now, so I know what to expect by now) so, for me, it really is just about writing something that resonates with someone. It was never about people thinking they should give me money, rather I just hoped people would think, "That Waldram chap wrote a nice book... I must remember to give him some money."

·
Registered
19 Posts
BatCauldron said:
Yes, he was also kind enough to send me an email with some nice feedback in it, which I really appreciated.
I know JR from Reddit, and he did the same for me. Very nice to get some personal feedback AND a public review. Glad he took the chance on my book.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts