Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious about these covers are good?  are they secure?  are they easy to put the kindle into? do they work with the BB travel bags skins ect.  can they be used one handed?  thanks in advance for info
Misty

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm interested, too.  I had one on order a few weeks ago, but got bored waiting, and eventually cancelled the order (and ordered an Oberon).  It's really a neat story that he makes them in his spare time and are really nice looking.  I'm not so sure about the connection to the device, though.  It looks a little shaky to me.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
love my noreve but looking for a second to use once in awhile when i get tired of purple

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an Oberon and 2 Strangedog covers. I use my favorite Strangedog cover 99% of the time. Somewhere in the old messages are a number of pictures detailing how this cover works.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I love Strangedog covers.  I have several that I will never part with.  They are colorful and comfortable.  You can go to his home page, google strangedog to find him, and click to pages that show how his covers are made.  Frank is a great guy, and he has been known to make a custom cover with fabric sent to him.  Don't know if he still does this.  You can email him, he is friendly; we have had a few great conversations about making friends with small creatures... Sometimes you can find people selling his covers ons eBay, and they often go for way more than what he sells them for. 

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
hmmm, are they hard to get a hold of? I did not know that.  ???

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have one of his covers too, for my Kindle 1.  It was my very first cover for my kindle and I love it.  It's very sturdy and holds my kindle 1 very securely.  I bought mine back in April or May of 2008 and it's still works and looks great.

G

·
I was interested at one time but the difficulty in getting one was ridiculous so I gave up and got an M-Edge. Used that for about 4 months and was very happy, then Oberon released their Roof of Heaven design and I fell in love. :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have a couple of k1 covers by Strangedog and I love them.  I have a k2 now and don't yet have a strangedog cover for the k2. 

I think Strangedog's covers are very comfortable to hold and read with.  When you fold them back (they fold very flat), there is a little ledge on the left to hold the kindle by (at least there is on the k1 cover, i don't have a k2 cover yet).  They are light weight and well built and the attaching mechanism is strong and sturdy.  I never felt as if my k1 would fall out of this cover.  There is a little velcro dot that comes with them, but I never used it.  It would be even more sturdy if you used the dot.

You should give one a try if you can find one...maybe on the buy, sell, and barter thread?  If you post that you are interested in one, you might get a response from someone wanting to sell theirs.  I think you would be pleased... :D

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stupid question and I apologize but if you have a skin on the back does the dot of velcro still work

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks now I just need Frank to open up the waiting list again :D

Trekker said:
Not a stupid question and it was also a concern of mine. The velcro still works fine when applied to the skin. I have DecalGirl skins and actually transferred a skin onto a new K2 (velcro and all) and it still works with no problem.

I even contemplated not using the back skin at all since I always leave my kindle in the cover but so far the velcro works fine with the skin. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts