Kindle Forum banner

Do you think the Kindle will be one of her "favorit things" gifts today?

• Yes

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Could care less

Votes: 13 31.7%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is Oprah's "Favorite Things" show so I wanted to do a poll to see what the Kindleboards folks think. I thought perhaps this is the reason for longer shipping dates, what do you think?

Linda

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
OH  I  like this show too.  Glad to know it is today.  Haven't been watching since the last show I watched cost me #309 plus book and accessory costs.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Yeah, audience will be freakin' out -- low cost?!  "We came the wrong year."  :'( 

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Because of the shows theme, this is why I think Oprah featured the Kindle earlier on it's own... The only way it might be worked in, is if they were talking about free or cheap books you could get for a kindle... so no I don't think so.

I was wondering how the audience must have felt when they found out that this year all the giveaways were going to be bargain priced items! I bet a lot of them were secretly disappointed, no washing machines, no ipods, why didn't I go see Ellen!  ;)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw where they say everything will be low cost but I think she will have one surprise item that cost more. I can't help but wonder if it will be a Kindle. Last year she gave them some great gifts, the one that stands out in my mind was a stainless steel refrigerator with a TV on/in the door. I enjoy this show!

Linda

·
Registered
147 Posts
The reason the wait times are so long is from the last Oprah show(Ot.24).  I don't think she is going to show Kindle.  It had it's due.  In the teaser, it does say low cost items.  Kindle is not low cost.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bacardi Jim said:
Besides, I doubt if even Oprah could get her hands on 220 Kindles right now.
Maybe she bought them a couple of months ago when she mentioned it on her show and also on a show when she showed a pic of a friend with one. I'll be watching anyway to see what the "less expensive favorite things are."

Linda

·
Registered
788 Posts
I saw her magazine at the grocery store and it had a blurb saying "gifts for under 90 dollars" so I assume her show will not have the Kindle, if they're going for gifts under 100 dollars.

·
Registered
260 Posts
In some ways I hate the "Favorite Things" show because I'm jealous that all those people get the cool stuff and I just have to sit at home and watch  :mad:.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
I don't think I ever seen any of those favorite things shows. The only time I watched Oprah was a few years back when I was perfecting my english, along with some soaps  ;D. hey, its all I had  :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
As a male teacher it always annoys me that her teacher appreciation show audience is 99.9% female. Not that I'm much of an Oprah fan anyway.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
joeperry97 said:
As a male teacher it always annoys me that her teacher appreciation show audience is 99.9% female. Not that I'm much of an Oprah fan anyway.
That is very true and very unfair! You don't have to be a fan to want to get the free goodies though. ;) All the teacher's got cars!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts