Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a book (paid for it) on amazon.com to my Kindle, and it has not been delivered to my Kindle. How long should I wait before I suspect that something is wrong? And yes, I have wireless on. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Should be instant in the US but not sure in China. Check through Amazon.com under Manage Your Kindle. Maybe it delivered it to another device that you have registered under the same account. If it did get lost. Customer service will help sort it out.

·
Registered
226 Posts
When you buy a Kindle book, you click on the Buy Now With 1-Click button. Right under that button is where you tell Amazon which device you want the book delivered to. It's a drop-down list with all of your devices listed. The first devices listed are your Kindles, listed alphabetically. My wife and I each have our own Kindles registered to the same account. Her Kindle is listed first and is the one that appears by default. When I'm buying a book, I have to click on the drop-down list and select my Kindle. If you have more than one Kindle, perhaps this is what happened in your case: you want the book delivered to a Kindle that doesn't appear as the default Send-To device.

As suggested earlier, check you Manage Your Kindle section of your Amazon account. Your book probably shows up there, and it's a simple matter to send it to the Kindle you want.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, it turned out to be a credit card issue of all things! Now it works. Thanks all!

·
Super Moderator
67,393 Posts
Glad to hear it!

A suggestion:  I usually keep a gift card balance on my account.  That way, when I buy books, my CC doesn't have all the relatively small charges. . . that sometimes can cause the financial institution to put a hold on it until they check it out.  Instead, I buy myself a $50 or $100 GC every so often -- I have a limit as to how often I will let myself do so ::) -- and then apply it to my account. Kindle book purchases will always come out of that balance first, so no multiple charges on the card.

note -- if you do this, you need to be aware that if you want to make a purchase and NOT use up the GC balance, you need to NOT buy using one-click, but put the item in your cart and then change the payment method to tell it NOT to use the GC balance.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I remember when the credit card companies used to get ticked off back when Amazon didn't let any book go for free, but always charged one cent apiece. I used to buy a lot of them and I got messages about them all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts