Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have 3 books you'd like to include in a box set...

...I assume you'd start the box set with the best book to hook the reader, then, what would be the next book be?

The second or third best? Or do you choose for a "weaker" middle and a strong finish? 

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I did this recently. Well, recently ish. I would go from strongest sellthrough potential to weakest. When I did a theme bundle, I found a lot of people jumped out after book one, to go read the rest of that series.

I had bundled so book two, the weakest, was also the one with the least sellthrough. If I redid that, I'd move that book to the back.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crystal_ said:
I did this recently. Well, recently ish. I would go from strongest sellthrough potential to weakest. When I did a theme bundle, I found a lot of people jumped out after book one, to go read the rest of that series.

I had bundled so book two, the weakest, was also the one with the least sellthrough. If I redid that, I'd move that book to the back.
Thanks so much for your insight! So keep the weakest one for last for the diehards that made it trough the first ones. Makes sense.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Always put the strongest first, because that's the one the reader will see in the Look Inside. I'd likely put the next best, then the weakest.

I know when I did short story collections, I tried to put the best story first. After that, I sometimes mixed it up, putting shorter story, longer story, shorter... I always tried to have the same theme for shorts, because many people read only the same type of genre.

Anyway, that's what I think. I may blame insomnia if this comes out too stupid. :p

·
Registered
283 Posts
Can you mix books from different series into a new bundles/ box set? For example if have a series called Apples and one called Oranges,  can I take a few from each series and create a new set?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Trioxin 245 said:
Can you mix books from different series into a new bundles/ box set? For example if have a series called Apples and one called Oranges, can I take a few from each series and create a new set?
I Imagine you could make a box set of each of your first in series if they were in the same genre or genres with lots of crossover. Kind of like a sampler or a starter library.

·
Registered
293 Posts
DmGuay said:
I Imagine you could make a box set of each of your first in series if they were in the same genre or genres with lots of crossover. Kind of like a sampler or a starter library.
I've seen it. I like the idea. It's like a wine or beer flight and then you pick which one you want a bottle of first. Liking them all is just a bonus.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Bite the Dusty said:
I've seen it. I like the idea. It's like a wine or beer flight and then you pick which one you want a bottle of first. Liking them all is just a bonus.
Should I ever have multiple complete series, I could totally see boxing up all the book ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts