Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I recently ordered my mom a K2 for mothers day, it should arrive on may 5th so I have not received it yet. When I was ordering it I completely forgot to link to amazon thru kindleboards when I bought it. So as of right now kindleboards receives no credit for my order. Normally I would just cancel my order and re-order it using the amazon link thru the boards but since I need it so soon I dont really have time to cancel and re-order.

So my question is is there anyway that I can somehow email amazon or if I gave my info or order# to a mod could they somehow contact amazon to show that this purchase should in fact be credited to kindleboards? I feel terrible for forgetting and I hope somehow I can give credit where its due! Plmk thx!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I may be wrong, but from what I understand Kindleboards no longer receives any funding when you purchase items through the links [amazon changed policies]. So in this case it wouldn't have mattered anyway :(

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I believe the policy only changed regarding books, everything else still gives KndlBoards a small stipend.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Kindleboards gets a percentage of sales of everything except e-books.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pidgeon92 said:
Kindleboards gets a percentage of sales of everything except e-books.
Ok since they would have gotten a percentage from my order, back to my original question...is there a way to do this after the fact? Is there somehow I could "show my receipt" per-say to get credit for kindleboards??

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
koolmnbv said:
Ok since they would have gotten a percentage from my order, back to my original question...is there a way to do this after the fact? Is there somehow I could "show my receipt" per-say to get credit for kindleboards??
I really don't know....Myself, I would think it was more trouble than it was worth.... You could see if you got a CS person sympathetic to our cause.

I try to remember to come through the board whenever I order something (and I buy through Amazon A LOT) but I don't always remember.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^  I know I don't know how I forgot! I feel bad now and was hopeing there was some easy way for kindleboards to get credit for this purchase. Hopefully someone will come up with something. Thanks so far and anyone with any suggestions plmk!

·
Super Moderator
67,253 Posts
kool. . . .probably no way to retroactively show KB as the affiliate you bought through.  I wouldn't worry about it at this point.  For the future, here are a couple of thoughts:

First, set KB as your home page.  That way whenever you first start your browser you'll come HERE first which will make it easier to remember to use this link to get to Amazon for whatever.

Second, to buy books for the Kindle, buy a Gift Certificate for yourself through the KB link.  KB DOES get 'commission' for GC sales, though it does not for e-book sales.  When you apply the GC to your account, it'll get used first.  This has the added benefit of helping you budget a little as you may soon find that the one click is entirely too easy to use!

Third, as someone mentioned, Harvey has put a small 'donate' button at the bottom of the board.  So if you want to give a little back now, you can!  Or, rather than KB directly, use the other link to support Laura and KindleWidow.  I'm sure Harvey would be equally grateful for either one!

Ann

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
There is not a good way for KB to get credit for the Kindle purchase if you got it by going directly to Amazon's site, so I think it's too late for that. Thank you so much for asking about it, though.

As a few people have noted above, KindleBoards gets an affiliate credit for almost anything you purchase from Amazon *if* you get to Amazon by clicking on one of our affiliate links. (An exception is e-books - - Amazon doesn't give credit for those anymore.)

So, when you do happen to remember, using our affiliate links for Amazon purchases (such as the 'Amazon' link in our top menu) is a good pain-free way of supporting this site. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Wow, I didn't know that Kindleboards got credit for Amazon purchases. How clueless am I? Wait, don't answer that. Anyway, the good news is that I have not yet bought my Kindle, but I am now clued in by koolmnbv. When my savings reach go, I will buy my Kindle through the link on the board and Kindleboards will get that sale.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank You Ann and Harvey, although I was hopeing I could still somehow get credit for the board. I will DEFINITELY remember in the future to make sure any and all amazon purchases are linked through KB. I also will start buying GC's for my ebooks (using the KB link), normally I just buy the ebook on an individual basis and let it charge to my CC--not any more!

Thanks for clearing this up for me, I apologize for forgetting to purchase this time but I will not forget in the future!

LCEvans said:
Wow, I didn't know that Kindleboards got credit for Amazon purchases. How clueless am I? Wait, don't answer that. Anyway, the good news is that I have not yet bought my Kindle, but I am now clued in by koolmnbv. When my savings reach go, I will buy my Kindle through the link on the board and Kindleboards will get that sale.
At least something positive came out of me forgetting to use the link, one more person is now aware! Im sure We will both make sure to use the link in the future!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Whenever I demo or talk someone into getting a kindle, or if they think they might want one, I give them the KB website and ask them to go to Amazon through that so KB does get credit.  Some have actually done that, but as yet have not joined us, but that's ok, as long as they order through KB.  I go through KB everytime I order from Amazon!

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
My Amazon shortcut in my browser is the affiliate link from the top of KindleBoards.  That way I don't have to think about it - I just use my shortcut any time I go to Amazon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts