Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
/\ /\ Then next week... just enjoy the kindle and KIndle boards!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Oh, I meant whether my *Kindle* was kidding about her name. I had just about picked one for her and was going to sleep on it to make sure, but the next day she seemed to want a different one. So I was holding off, refusing to acknowledge it, and hoping she'd settle for the one I picked.

What I chose made sense to me. From Hindu mythology, Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge, music, and the arts. Apparently at festivals honoring her they put books on altars. It seemed appropriate. And she does have a music-themed skin. And she could be Sara for short, which was also my great-grandmother's name, so that was kind of nice.

But then she decided she wanted to be Kali, the "Devourer of Time"... I'm not sure I really want to accept that. :eek:
Kali, the Devourer of Time? She wants to be named after KIndleBoards? ;) I hope the chosen name is Saraswati, kinda like that.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Hi everyone,

I don't actually own a Kindle *yet*, but expect to have one fairly soon because I've just won one as a prize.

I don't think I ever would have bought one on my own (too much time reading on a screen as it is, and would rather have a real book) but I was curious whether I should just sell it unopened or at least give it a try for a few weeks, and so I started researching them online, and found this site, and saw soooo many people who just love the little gadgets that now I'm leaning toward actually keeping it.

Please tell me that naming it is not really a requirement...

Susan
Susan in VA said:
I decided it was going to be Saraswati. However (and I swear I am not making this up), within two minutes of me consciously deciding that, I had the first and only technical glitch -- I pressed the next page button and it didn't respond, I pressed it a few more times and nothing happened, likewise with the home button and the menu button, so I decided to put her to sleep and restart to see whether that would fix the problem. When I pushed the sleep switch, she responded by executing every one of those previous button-pushes in rapid succession and THEN going to sleep. So that may have been Kali manifesting her displeasure. Tough luck, I'm not changing it now.
Quite a change in 7 weeks. Since you chose a name, I guess you decided to keep it? ;)
I am so very glad you did keep it (her) and appreciate the way you liven the board.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts