Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Oh my. You all forgot to tell me that that was all required. Maybe I should rethink joining....

Um, how does one determine the gender of a new Kindle? Turn it over and look... where exactly?
Don't let the peer pressure get to you!! I have a K1 and a K2...I haven't bought a skin, or paid over $50 for a cover, I'm still using the Amazon cover for my K2, and they still let me post on the board! LOL! ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I did hear about the nekkid Kindle, but mine are covered and always have been!  I even got rid of that pesky Amazon label on my K2 cover (used my P-touch and created a "metal" label with my name.  Now it looks like an semi-expensive day planner! LOL!  I was in the Mortgage Business (back room...not a big-bad broker) so recently found my self unemployed and have to watch all my pennies these days.  Believe me...I'd be in there buying with the rest of you, but the future, as of now, is uncertain, so I spend my $$$ on books instead.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The silver lining is I maybe starting a business with a bestfriend/ex-coworker...exciting and scary at the same time.  Also, going to school for Plan B/Medical Information Tech. So, yes...I'm "always looking up" even though there is alot on my plate and the future is uncertain!

My daughter ended up with my KK, so together we save for GC at Coinstar...and she loves that!
And NOTHING stops me from reading on my Kindle!! :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks, Kim.  It's all very exciting and scary at the same time.  When you've been in the same profession for almost 25 years it's hard to ditch it all.  However, if you see ANY news whatsoever, you know that being in the Banking/Mortgage business is not a good place to be right now...especially in SW Florida!  It's starting to get better in this market, but it's going to take time.  :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Anju thanks!  No worries!  We are doing fine!  I know there are people out there in alot worse shape than I am with the economy the way it is!  Hence, why I haven't mentioned it sooner...back on topic...I know it was all in good fun, but I certainly didn't want our newcomer feeling that her Kindle had to be dressed and named before she could play on the playground, so to speak! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts