Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've got my first book out on Kindle, made my first sale, and even got a "like!" Now I'm ready to try putting my e-book out there for those without Kindles. What's the best way to make my book available for Nook, ipad, etc? I keep hearing Smashwords is a pain. Is it still the best way?

·
Registered
222 Posts
IMHO if you want to get your ebook out in as many formats and to as many venues as possible then Smashwords is your best bet.

Strong Hint!!  Download their style guide and follow it exactly!

Yes, it can be a pain the first few times but you get used to it. Just follow their style guide.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
If you find the smashwords style guide confusing, you can try my condenced formatting guide on my blog with picture guides to make it simple. I have managed to get all my 14 titles approved for all formats first time.

If you are going that route don't forget once you have it on all formats to discover your books pages on all the formats... itunes, Diesel, kobo . B&N etc amd put links on your blog. If the readers don't know how to find them, you books will be invisible.

My blog link is in my signature and you will find the formatting guide on its own page.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts